Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about 3.8 to 4.0 upgrade

Hello,

I purchased vBulletin exactly one month ago under the impression that I could renew it every year at a set fee, I believe it was $40 or $60. But now, under the email I received and FAQ on vB4.0 website, I have to pay an extra (if I don't buy presale) $195 to receive updates in the future? I seem to find this oddly unjust and would not expect this from vBulletin. If my rant is misguided please tell me the right fees incorporated with a renewal in 11 months, thanks.

Regards,
    Andre R.

Classic forum upgrade is free for active licenses, whatever that means.

Comment

Originally posted by Visualbrother View Post
      Classic forum upgrade is free for active licenses, whatever that means.
      I know it will be free, the actual update from 3.8 to 4.0, but I'm more concerned about the actual update costs after expiry. Before, I was under the impression I had to pay $40-60 per year, but now it's $195 (forever)?

Comment

O-Yeah!! Well try too download it because I can't find it. Unless its built into the Publishing Suite so you would have too buy the Publishing Suite too get the 4.0 forum upgrade!! Don't know!! This is crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by stone0075 View Post
          O-Yeah!! Well try too download it because I can't find it. Unless its built into the Publishing Suite so you would have too buy the Publishing Suite too get the 4.0 forum upgrade!! Don't know!! This is crazy!
          It is and I'm disappointed because I was so pleased with the type of support I had seen vBulletin have in the past years, but now, when I take the plunge and drop $180 on my forums they change it for the worst (not the code as I'm sure it will be amazing, but the pricing, options and old costs of which I agreed to (but even at that, I'm sure their contracts we signed cover their butts)).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X