Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stumbled too.. Next reddit?

Comment

Personally, I think the best marketing would be to offer those with an inactive but legal "owned" license a small discount; offer those with active support and an "owned" license a bigger discount as they are doing on the website already. Especially in light of the email they sent to those with inactive but owned licenses, I hope they'll reconsider. I think it would make everyone happy and would return their money many times over in continued loyalty.
      Boat Design & Boat Building Forums

Comment

That is all that I'm asking for - some consideration for the fact that I've been a loyal, paying customer for 8 years.

Comment

My license is owned. Even if the support is expired, I own the use of the software. That's what a license is. I should qualify for any upgrade pricing to any newer version of the software.

When windows released Windows 2000 5 years after windows 95, they offered upgrade pricing. In fact, the upgrade was probably even valid for Windows 3.1 users.

How they decided to remove the renew option for existing customers and NEVER warned us that we'd have to pay the entire cost of a new license has to be illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by LegolasTheElf View Post
            Really? Is Jelsoft paying you to kiss their butt?
            Nope. I just think you're making way too big a deal out of the wording of an email. I am actually very angry about the new licensing structure and the upgrade paths for it, but I couldn't really care less about how the email was worded.

Comment

I have two licenses, one active and one expired. I tried to purchase the upgrade, just to see if all the hoopla was warranted, and the $130 wasn't even an option. Said $250. Come'on Jelsoft. I know your excited about your new product, but you really have to get it together. I'd rather wait til everything was right, than have a half assed promo offer. And where is the demo?

Comment

Originally posted by mk484 View Post
                I have two licenses, one active and one expired. I tried to purchase the upgrade, just to see if all the hoopla was warranted, and the $130 wasn't even an option. Said $250. Come'on Jelsoft. I know your excited about your new product, but you really have to get it together. I'd rather wait til everything was right, than have a half assed promo offer. And where is the demo?
                Wow.. That's funny. I guess you're not "good enough" of a customer to get the better price.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadie Frost View Post
                  That is all that I'm asking for - some consideration for the fact that I've been a loyal, paying customer for 8 years.
                  Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by mk484 View Post
                    Did you actually select the dropdown? Once you select the dropdown to upgrade on your active license site it will show you the discount in the next column.

Comment

"As a preferred customer with an active license, we are excited to offer the vBulletin Publishing Suite at a pre-sale discount price of only $130 (over 50% off regular price). This is a truly limited one-time special offer giving you $120 off the upgrade price but will expire on Friday October 30, 2009." I got this too, went to see if that price was available to me, didn't see it. Don't see dropdown either. Was there supposed to be a coupon code in the email that I didn't see. Oy.

Comment

How to get the presale price? I have no redeem or coupon code got -.-
                        Or is this upgrade gettable in the Customer Area ?

Comment

I was offered the discount. After i logged in.

Comment

When we paid for "owned" license, we are entitled to pay $50($60) to get UPGRADES for a year, isn't this a LEGAL term?Did it say anywhere that we have to RE-PAY for VB4?

Comment

what email i have 4 active vb bords

Comment

One question, because I'm a little confused by the email: I have an owned vb licence with 10 months of upgrades left or so. Does this mean that I will get the upgrade to vb4.0 for free once it's released, I just won't get any updates after my licence is expired?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X