What does life time mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does life time mean?

As a current owned license holder, I get access to Forum 4.0. Once my license expires, can I continue to run the software?

Yes. However, you have to purchase a Forum 4.0 upgrade license in order to have access to any further maintenance, security or minor point releases on the 4 series.

I was assuming that an owned license meant lifetime.
    Does this mean my life? Or Simply Until you have decided no longer to Provide what you implied when I bought an owned license as opposed to a leased one?

How much more will it cost to continue to use this software?

Regardless of the price for a "Forum 4.0 upgrade license" How do I know that you will not change once again if you are changing the rules now?
    Last edited by zzzzzzzuhlast; Tue 13 Oct '09, 4:41pm.

This is the same question that I had. And the answer will probably determine whether I continue on with vB or if I try to find another brand for cheaper.

Comment

I was (just) told that once our owned licenses' Member Area access expires, we either have to upgrade to the Suite or purchase a new license ($195). They made it seem like we could upgrade to the Suite for the discounted price, but I was told the discount would be automatically applied if I qualified and when I just tried it it was charging me full price.

At least give us the option to renew our Member Area access under the old system until 4.0 is actually released. Or a discount on the new licenses. Give us something for the money we have put in over the years, if you're going to tell us our licenses are not valid anymore. Because like zuhlast said, when we bought the owned licenses we thought they were for forever...
      Last edited by Sadie Frost; Tue 13 Oct '09, 4:49pm.

Comment

Thank you all for pointing this out as we feel the same exact way. The old prices were not cheap either for the Owned License to begin with, let alone these prices to just to upgrade to 4.0 (which has no demo, no screen shots as of now and may not even have a demo by the end of this pre sale). We purchased our owned license back in March of 2008 which had expired just 7 months ago and now we will have to upgrade but from what we read, we would have to pay full price (again) for another owned license.

Comment

If you have Active license, you have a temporary "visitor's pass" to the vB4 club. When your license expires, that will be $195 please. Then $195 for vB5 (in 1 year according to Ray Morgan). Then $195 for vB6.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadie Frost View Post
            I was (just) told that once our owned licenses' Member Area access expires, we either have to upgrade to the Suite or purchase a new license ($195). They made it seem like we could upgrade to the Suite for the discounted price, but I was told the discount would be automatically applied if I qualified and when I just tried it it was charging me full price.

At least give us the option to renew our Member Area access under the old system until 4.0 is actually released. Or a discount on the new licenses. Give us something for the money we have put in over the years, if you're going to tell us our licenses are not valid anymore. Because like zuhlast said, when we bought the owned licenses we thought they were for forever...

The same problem

Comment

Thank you so much. You're right...what does life-time mean???

I got a memorial site for my mom years ago & paid less then $50 for lifetime. Again this was years ago & they've made changes but not with me. No matter what bells & whistles they decide to add for newbies I get it all for the same less then $50 for lifetime.

My mom's memorial site gets more attention then any of my forums & I only paid $50 for it. I bought a lifetime vb plus the blogs. I shouldn't even have to pay $30/year for upgrades & security patches to software I've already paid for. But now this???

And it's not just me...I'm a website designer/software installer. I'm a teacher. I pimp this stuff. Not anymore. Paying for domain name registration & hosting's one thing. These sites remain dead. So you have a subscription feature & so you have a donation modification...nobody's using them. The only people making money off my website is vBulletin...& I'm the one paying for it. I'm going to stick with the free stuff & recommend anybody that comes to my sites do the same.
              Dawn's Web Designs
              http://dawnswebdesigns.com
              http://dawnswebdesigns.com/dh
              http://www.thesupportgroupforum.com

Comment

With the lack of ethics shown by revoking our license, I can see very minute updates being called vb5. A new security fix...well that is version 6.0...PAY UP!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X