X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NetRover
    replied
    Originally posted by locachica View Post
    Does anyone realize that there are like 10 similar threads. Man I feel sorry for the mods here..
    The main one was a valid chat about trying to sell the product without a demo.

It was closed in an almost childish way of having the last word saying the best we will get before the offer window closes is screen shots.

So in theory the more that get closed, the more work they will have to do.

People are only giving a positive view on a valid reason not to part with any money.

We are the customers and always right!! lol

Leave a comment:

• gerbil249
    replied
    If your going to make such a big promotion, at least let the people see what they are buying.

Leave a comment:

• pipin
    replied
    Originally posted by CarterMarkham View Post
    You sound like you have some inside info...How close to Beta are we?
    No, I don't. The Alpha 5 stage was mentioned on vb.org.

Leave a comment:

• CarterMarkham
    replied
    Originally posted by pipin View Post
    cause vB 4.0 is in Alpha 5 stage, they stated before that they might bring the beta online here.
    You sound like you have some inside info...How close to Beta are we?

Leave a comment:

• Justice
    replied
    I'm glad this thread was made specifically though.

Jelsoft "accidentally" sends out a mass email to people with inactive owned licenses, telling us we have a few days to pre-order an upgrade at a discount price. Nice marketing tactic, beautiful new front page, but where is the preview? The CMS doesn't even appear to be using any widgets or SEO friendly URLs.

I hope their is an adequate live preview before the discount runs out, because these are very exciting times.

Leave a comment:

• pipin
    replied
    Im curious to know why vBulletin.com isnt used for beta testing...
    cause vB 4.0 is in Alpha 5 stage, they stated before that they might bring the beta online here.

Leave a comment:

• kyrgyz
    replied
    I was surprised too. Saw all new vBulletin main page and was excited to see the new vB4 forum, and then....kaboosh...froze staring at old girl vB3.8.4

Leave a comment:

• roscoe36
    replied
    Originally posted by locachica View Post
    Does anyone realize that there are like 10 similar threads. Man I feel sorry for the mods here..
    Happens on all of our forums too.

When you do something unpopular and don't communicate it clearly, this is the result. Any forum admin could tell you this is what to expect.

Leave a comment:

• jtech77
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Mikey
    replied
    Usually it is, gets upgraded with every GOLD release, it's just vB4 is being released different.

Leave a comment:

• gerbil249
    replied
    yeah

Leave a comment:

• CarterMarkham
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gerbil249
    started a topic Pre-Sale 4.0 Vbulletin No DEMO?

Pre-Sale 4.0 Vbulletin No DEMO?

I love vbulletin honestly, and I would spend any amount of cash to upgrade to 4.0. Even if the price was $300 or $400, for 4.0, I would still pay it. I came here with the intention of seeing a demo of the product. If you are going to present such a a big promotion, us customers need to see the actual demo before we put down any big amount of money.

What angers me, is that, you offer us a huge discount and sale and we don't even get to see what it is like.

Maybe you could create a demo, and just make it with errors and glitches, and have them fixed by the release.

Please, just let us see what we are buying.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X