Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vB Suite - Upgrade

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • vB Suite - Upgrade

    I noticed the main page now has prices for vB 4.0 Forums and vB 4.0 Publishing Suite.

    I just need someone to clarify the vB 3.8 Forums to vB 4.0 Publishing Suite upgrade for those of us who have a valid license and a single add on, in my case the blog.

    What will it cost me to upgrade from a vb 3.8 Forum & Blog License to the vB 4.0 Publishing Suite License?

    Thanks

  • #2
    Its one price for all customers.

    Look at the faq:


    I already have forum + blog, if I want CMS, why do I have to buy the Publishing Suite to get CMS?

    The power of the Publising Suite is in the integration between the products. We will continue to develop on these products as part of a single platform and will no longer support Blog as a separate product.
    regards
    Jens

    Open Source: TGS CMS (vB-Content-Bridge) / Planet 3DNow! / Change prefixes with AJAX

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks Pipin, but I already read that which prompted me to ask the question. From what I can tell the only options are;

      a free upgrade to vB 4.0 Forums
      a $130(Pre-sale Price) upgrade to vB 4.0 Publishing Suite

      I don't see anything that pertains to those of us that have the Blog or PJ addons. So I'm guessing we all have to pay an additional $130to get the vB 4.0 Publishing Suite, but that's only if I get it before the price goes up. If I am unable to purchase it before the sale is over (btw, when does the sale end?), then I'll have to purchase it for $250? An extra $250 just to KEEP the blog feature intacted when I upgrade to vB 4.0.

      Am I the only one that sees a problem with this?

      Comment


      • #4
        Ray said in the licensed customer forum that the discount price has been based on customers who own licenses for both PT and the Blog.

        So basically, they are treating all customers as being PT/Blog license-holders to avoid things getting too complicated.

        Everyone gets the discount, even if you didn't purchase them.
        Pleased Sheep Films - Independent Filmmakers
        Blackburn Web - an online community for Blackburn in Lancashire (thanks to Mark B for the tips)

        Comment


        • #5
          so if I'm reading this correctly, we who have owned lic's of 3.8 along with the blog, can't just update (free) to 4.0?

          is this some sort of money grab?

          we have no interest in the CMS portion of 4.0, just the forums and blog (as we currently run now)

          What's the REAL deal?
          Steve, Webmaster and Admin
          www.pokecommunity.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by pokesph View Post
            so if I'm reading this correctly, we who have owned lic's of 3.8 along with the blog, can't just update (free) to 4.0?

            is this some sort of money grab?

            we have no interest in the CMS portion of 4.0, just the forums and blog (as we currently run now)

            What's the REAL deal?
            You can't get Blog separately. It's a part of the Suite. So, you are out of luck here.

            It's not a money grab. Do you think CMS supposed to be offered for free?
            Last edited by kyrgyz; Tue 13th Oct '09, 3:38pm.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by WhatChaMissin View Post
              (btw, when does the sale end?)
              Per the FAQ, the sale ends 10/30/2009.

              Comment


              • #8
                OK, so I'm running 3.8.x I don't want anything to do with Jelsoft CMS/Blog/etc.. sorry, don't want Jelsoft into my site further than the forum. So if I want to upgrade my forum to 4.0 I have to buy the suite?? WTF?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dssart View Post
                  OK, so I'm running 3.8.x I don't want anything to do with Jelsoft CMS/Blog/etc.. sorry, don't want Jelsoft into my site further than the forum. So if I want to upgrade my forum to 4.0 I have to buy the suite?? WTF?
                  You have to choices or actually three and that is to upgrade at all.
                  http://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=features

                  What does WTF (World Trade Federation) have to do with what you needing to know... Dangit (jestering again).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    whaaa? so of my to of three choices to upgrade at all (jestering haha), choice one is not to upgrade and let my forum be 3.8.x forever, choice two is to shell out $130 for the forum and software I don't need or want, or choice three wait and pay double after Oct. 30th?

                    I see I can upgrade to 4.0 forum only for free, why can't I pay a realistic fee (i.e. today's price) in the future and continue to update?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by dssart View Post
                      whaaa? so of my to of three choices to upgrade at all (jestering haha), choice one is not to upgrade and let my forum be 3.8.x forever, choice two is to shell out $130 for the forum and software I don't need or want, or choice three wait and pay double after Oct. 30th?

                      I see I can upgrade to 4.0 forum only for free, why can't I pay a realistic fee (i.e. today's price) in the future and continue to update?
                      Upgrade with current active licence only and get 4.0, but it will still cost you full price to apply fixes if any(most likely several) are known. You need to get this prior to Oct 30/2009 or still pay full price to abtain patches or buy it at discount and get all fixes until version vBulletin 5.

                      Why did not just keep price structure simple... do not know and most likely it has to do with bottom line of IB.

                      Comment

                      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X