Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restrictions for Subscriptions

Hi

I'm am considering VBulletin for my forum needs but have a specific question.

Does the 'Subscriptions' feature allow me to restrict paying members in the following way:

Ability to post in a specific forum. All users will have the ability to read posts in that forum but only paying members can post.

Restrict the frequency of posts by paying members. For example, could I restrict those who pay to only allow 7 posts per month?

I'm guessing this will be accomplished through setting up a specific group with special access rights and then controlling membership in that group.

I just want to make sure I can do this with VBulletin out of the box.

Thanks

1. Yes, you can restrict such access by forum.

2. No, there is no option in vB to limit posts per month. This would require an add-on.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      1. Yes, you can restrict such access by forum.

2. No, there is no option in vB to limit posts per month. This would require an add-on.
      Thanks for the feedback. I guess a low tech way to accomplish #2 is to require moderation of each post in that forum and manually count each users post. Not too bad if the forum stays small.

Comment

there are existing addons at http://vbulletin.org/forum/ where you can apply permissions on wide range of situations... like this one: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=201285

no need to re-invent the wheel when you know nothing about coding...
        oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X