vB 4 suite: add-ons vs sub-systems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB 4 suite: add-ons vs sub-systems?

Blog, Project Tools and CMS will not be distributed as separate products, but will be bundled with the vBulletin Suite.

In answer to some of the questions about this...

Why will these components only be available as part of the Suite?

There are two reasons for this change. The first is that with so many separate components, keeping them synchronized was unnecessarily inefficient from a coding standpoint. There's just too much engineering overhead to maintain them all on separate development tracks. And since we want to be able to develop quickly and get releases out to you more frequently, we made the decision to keep all components in sync as part of a single code base.

From the underlined comments, may I infer that e.g. the blogs will no longer be only a pricey add-on to the forums system, and that we will be able to have them in a subdirectory (e.g. mysite.com/blogs/) different to the forums (e.g. mysite.com/forums/)?

The Suite will install in a single directory as it is one single application. However it will also support Friendly URLS so you can have http://example.com/forum/ and http://example.com/blog as the URLs visible to the visitor. It would still be in a single directory in reality though.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

So virtual subdirectories. Not what I had hoped for but at least it's better than the current option and now I can plan in advance.

Thank You

Comment

For vBulletin 4.1 I hope to see a single sign in module that allows us to have blog. and forum. and have the cms as frontpage.

Comment

You can have the CMS as the frontpage in 4.0.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X