vB test failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB test failed

It says: "vBulletin requires that the mysql username has create, select, update, insert, delete, alter and drop privledges, contact your host and ask them to adjust these privledges."

Not sure how to change that. I'm using godaddy hosting. I have no clue what I'm doing. Thanks for the help.

Essential vBulletin Requirements PHP 5.2.8 Pass
    MySQL Fail
    PCRE Pass
    magic_quotes_sybase Pass
    XML Pass
    Database Connection Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)MySQL Permission Requirements
    create Fail
    alter Fail
    insert Fail
    update Fail
    select Fail
    delete Fail
    drop Fail
    Recommended Settings
    (Optional) GD 2.x Pass
    open_basedir Pass
    safe_mode Pass
    GZIP Pass
    magic_quotes_runtime Pass
    magic_quotes_gpc Fail
    pcre.backtrack_limit
    PassOverall Result:Fail
    http://www.fiskertalk.com - Brand new!

you will need to create a database, a user and set the permissions, then insert this information here http://www.fiskertalk.com/vb_test.php? in order to run this test.

If you have no clue what you are doing then pay someone who does.

www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

If I had not already done all that I wouldn't have been able to run the test to being with, no?

I think the part I'm missing is setting the permissions. How do I do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Fiskertalk.com View Post
        If I had not already done all that I wouldn't have been able to run the test to being with, no?

Not sure but the error message you posted suggests contacting your host...

"vBulletin requires that the mysql username has create, select, update, insert, delete, alter and drop privledges, contact your host and ask them to adjust these privledges."
        HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
        Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
        iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
        VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

Comment

It says: "vBulletin requires that the mysql username has create, select, update, insert, delete, alter and drop privledges, contact your host and ask them to adjust these privledges."

Not sure how to change that. I'm using godaddy hosting. I have no clue what I'm doing. Thanks for the help.

Essential vBulletin Requirements PHP 5.2.8 Pass
          MySQL Fail
          PCRE Pass
          magic_quotes_sybase Pass
          XML Pass
          Database Connection Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)MySQL Permission Requirements
          create Fail
          alter Fail
          insert Fail
          update Fail
          select Fail
          delete Fail
          drop Fail
          Recommended Settings (Optional) GD 2.x Pass
          open_basedir Pass
          safe_mode Pass
          GZIP Pass
          magic_quotes_runtime Pass
          magic_quotes_gpc Fail
          pcre.backtrack_limit
          PassOverall Result:Fail
          vBulletin needs MySQL support and those error messages indicate MySQL support is not availible for your account i don't know about godaddy but most hosts provide some kind of control panel where you can set this up yourself CPanel for example can do this

Comment

Yes, you would have. The test program does not find the database specified. Whether it exists and just can't be accessed with the credentials given or doesn't exist at all it cannot know.

Comment

Test would run and fail.

If I recall correctly, Godaddy automatically gives all permissions. However they don't use localhost for connecting to MySQL. They have a bank of servers dedicated to MySQL and different databases on your account can be on different servers.

Please read this:
              http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280209
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Works!

Thanks Wayne, I was able to get it to work on my 2nd try after reading the link you posted.

It was the MySQL server that needed changed.

The interface on Godaddy has changed since you made that tutorial but I was able to figure it out. If you want me to tell you how it changed let me know.

The test did fail the "magic_quotes_gpc" area though:
                "magic_quotes_gpc should be off for optimal performance, ask your host to change this in php.ini"

"vBulletin should run on your system though there may be reduced functionality, click the link(s) above for more information"

Any idea what the reduced functionality is?

Thanks

Comment

vB have a roundup about "magic_quotes_gpc"... you have nothing to fear, it will work
                  oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

Any idea what the reduced functionality is?
                    There isn't any in later versions. If vBulletin can do so, it will turn magic_quotes_gpc off at runtime.

Please send me a private message on what needs to change in the tutorial. I no longer maintain a GoDaddy account for testing purposes.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment