No announcement yet.

When Can We Expect Version 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For many people, isn't all the emphasis on vB 4 actually misguided?

Those of us without much knowledge of forums and designs will be, I believe, ill-advised to plunge into vB4 right away. We will want to let those who know (more or less) what they are doing try it out first. We will also want to let the designers go to work on new skins.

My belief is that anyone interested in vBulletin should buy now and get to know 3.8.4. It will still be good for a long time to come. And when vB4 does come out, AND after it has been thoroughly vetted, there will be plenty of time to put it in place.

All of this could take a year. So, please, chill. Stop obsessing about a vBulletin that doesn't even really exist yet. Enjoy the vBulletin you have -- or the one you can get right now.

Comment

Well said Baba! I for one am not in any hurry for vb4.x as my current version is ticking along just fine, with the exception of spammers hitting me every day..LOL, but that's not a software issue. Once v4 is released I'll then evaluate it and see if it makes sense for me to upgrade or stick with what I have. Getting stressed out about it never does any good.
      sigpicGreg, Founder
      Kings Fuller Brush
      St. Albans 20 Masonic Lodge

Comment

Well.. the reply is easy: Don't wait. They said a public beta had been relased during the Q1 of this year...

Comment

Originally posted by superjeff View Post
          They said a public beta had been relased during the Q1 of this year...
          We never stated this.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

You right,
            We are working hard and plan to have vBulletin 4.0 released in beta form in early Q2 of 2009.
            I mistaked.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293772

Comment

I also am not concerned about the release date. Mainly because of all the plugins I have. It will be some time before all the coders update their products to work with 4.x, and by the time they we'll probably be looking at 4.1 or .2... or higher.

Plus, I have more important things to do than wait for it. It will come when it comes.
              ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

i don't really care when it is released, but they should have sorted out the licence question by now.
                If you would like to see a Mass PM feature in VB please vote for it here
                *Learn Hungarian*

Comment

Originally posted by Pro-eSports.com View Post
                  When can we expect version 4 to be released?

On a tuesday.*

*Same day NVIDIAs GT300 will be released.
                  regards
                  Jens

Open Source: TGS CMS (vB-Content-Bridge) / Planet 3DNow! / Change prefixes with AJAX

Comment

Originally posted by nexialys View Post
                    actually it IS disrespect to require a date over and over...
                    Goes more along the lines of "Anoyance"
                    Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

you can expect it each and every day of the week... no need to ask...

expectations are a great thing in life, they bring you to extend your patience...
                      read there: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1

that's where you will have the most precise date...

or this:

Nostradamus Says...

The year the great seventh number is accomplished

Shall Heaven's great Vicar, anxious to appease

Because of death too late a great people re-created

Greedy to see the plume of smoke wail in the wind
                      actually it IS disrespect to require a date over and over...

I am new here... found this post and thought Nexialys responses were too funny but rude in the same time LOL

just came here to advise Nexialys .. that I find your posts rude.. pls take a chill pill it's just a msg board no need for war..

there goes my $.02

Comment

No hard feelings.. just what I thought

Comment

keep being newbie sam, and stop giving advices... my comments were not rude at all... if you think they are rude, please consider taking the pill yourself, they were obviously real jokes and funny...

... looks like someone is tracking me to see if i fail somewhere... hey i use the word "obviously" again... rofl
                          oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

They aren't rude (nexialys' posts). Especially given the fact that if the questioners just searched the board (God knows this has been talked to death) they would find the answers they seek....that there is no definitive date.

Is it out of line to expect a vBulletin board administrator to use the search function?

It does get old seeing the same question asked time and time again.

Stick around awhile Sam, you'll start to get annoyed at that question, too. It's like your kids screaming "Are we there yet?" in the back seat, on vacation.

Just my $.02

Comment

Originally posted by dodgeboard.com View Post
                              you'll start to get annoyed at that question, too. It's like your kids screaming "Are we there yet?" in the back seat, on vacation.
                              that's why i have a sport-rack on top of my Caravan™, i put my kids in it when we go on a trip...
                              oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment