Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phpbb >> vbulletin

Hey!

I've been considering transferring to VBulletin for a while now. I'm aware that its possible to transfer posts, but is it possible to actually transfer the entire forum - members included?

Thanks in advance!

Wayne

oh i dont know this hmm seeing that im not the Boss of a site i dont know if i learn ill tell

Comment

LOL thanks!

I've read that its possible to relocate the posts, but I operate quite a new forum, and just wanted to enquire as to whether or not its possible to move my members across (I only have 215 or so)

Comment

Yes, that's possible.

For everything regarding imports and the tool that handles them (impex) see http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

Comment

from the latest phpBB, your Import will contain about 95% of everything you have on your actual forum to vBulletin... the only thing will be to recover the users passwords...
          oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

Originally posted by 04wayne View Post
            LOL thanks!

I've read that its possible to relocate the posts, but I operate quite a new forum, and just wanted to enquire as to whether or not its possible to move my members across (I only have 215 or so)
            if thats your question yes you can i thought you ment just the threads
            off topic:im geting my VB on my B-day

Comment

Originally posted by nexialys View Post
              from the latest phpBB, your Import will contain about 95% of everything you have on your actual forum to vBulletin... the only thing will be to recover the users passwords...
              Aw well that's fantastic news! Thank you for your help! I can just reset the users passwords anyway

Comment

Okay, so I didn't want to start a new topic, so I'll continue in this one I have above average knowledge when it comes to forums and administrating them - I can do all of the basic tasks etc. But I have a number of questions for you experts here:

1) The transferring of my phpBB forum files (I've been told that I can transfer everything bar the passwords of the users - about 95% of all the files at phpBB) to vBULLETIN - how difficult is this? I've read through the instruction manual sent to me, but it looks extremely difficult to me - would it be easier to pay somebody to do it for me...or?

2) I've also read the 'Before You Purchase ...' topic detailing the system requirements. I don't understand some of the requirements. This is my website :

http://www.vanityedge.com/index.php

My php is
                PHP Version 5.2.9

and mysql is:

Client API version : 5.0.81

My disk space is only 5,000mb - I took out a small package as I wasn't anticipating a hugely active first year...would anybody be able to tell me if I meet the requirements needed to upgrade to VB?

Thankyou in advance for answering my 2 questions!

Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by 04wayne View Post
                  Okay, so I didn't want to start a new topic, so I'll continue in this one I have above average knowledge when it comes to forums and administrating them - I can do all of the basic tasks etc. But I have a number of questions for you experts here:

1) The transferring of my phpBB forum files (I've been told that I can transfer everything bar the passwords of the users - about 95% of all the files at phpBB) to vBULLETIN - how difficult is this? I've read through the instruction manual sent to me, but it looks extremely difficult to me - would it be easier to pay somebody to do it for me...or?

2) I've also read the 'Before You Purchase ...' topic detailing the system requirements. I don't understand some of the requirements. This is my website :

http://www.vanityedge.com/index.php

My php is
                  PHP Version 5.2.9

and mysql is:

Client API version : 5.0.81

My disk space is only 5,000mb - I took out a small package as I wasn't anticipating a hugely active first year...would anybody be able to tell me if I meet the requirements needed to upgrade to VB?

Thankyou in advance for answering my 2 questions!

Wayne
                  The disk space and athers are ok,
                  but also depens how meny users you have and how meny visit your site at once, this will efect the speed off your forum..

Comment

Well I'm transferring with the hope of growing my forum in the future. My site only has just under 26,000 posts at the moment and 251 members. The most I've ever had online is a measly 46! But following the relocation, I'm hoping to grow the forum and shall start promoting it

Comment

I have above average knowledge when it comes to forums and administrating them - I can do all of the basic tasks etc. But I have a number of questions for you experts here:

Sorry for pushing this, its just I'm wanting to update in the next 24 hours, and shall be entering into discussion later on with one of my moderators about upgrading. Also, am I right in thinking that if I purchase the VB4 license, I can operate the older VB forum set up first, until VB4 is released?

Comment

IMPEX guides you through the migration of your old PHPBB database really well, however as most people say make sure that you have a good backup of your database BEFORE you start.

When i have done IMPEX imports form PHPBB I have used it to import into a new clean vB database thus leaving the PHPBB database untouched.

If as you say you have a reasonably good knowledge it really isnt hard, just RTFM as they say.

Comment

LMAO thankyou!

Comment

It's very easy to transfer from phpBB to vBulletin. I did it on mine without a single problem. Make sure you back up all your files first!!
                            vBulletin Rules!

Comment

Okay, I've done a back up via the Administrators Control Panel (which backs up the forum content) and then via the cPanel, I've accessed the backup wizard, and done a Full Backup (as opposed to a partial one). That's correct I hope!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X