Experimental 4.0 site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experimental 4.0 site?

I have two sites, both running vB 3.8.4 and vBadvanced.

When vB 4.0 is released I intend to upgrade to the suite. I am really looking forward to the integrated CMS.

Will I be able to operate the new 4.0 sites in addition to the existing 3.8.4 sites until I get everything set up and operational? I don't mean having them go public but on an accessible IP address for the period of time to do the conversion?

Jeff
    http://docfortress.com

Good question, as it seems that alot will change when vBulletin Suite 4.0 comes out.

eg. License, Fees, so on...

Comment

Originally posted by greersfos View Post
      I have two sites, both running vB 3.8.4 and vBadvanced.

When vB 4.0 is released I intend to upgrade to the suite. I am really looking forward to the integrated CMS.

Will I be able to operate the new 4.0 sites in addition to the existing 3.8.4 sites until I get everything set up and operational? I don't mean having them go public but on an accessible IP address for the period of time to do the conversion?

Jeff
      It would be illogical to disallow the usage of test-installations, so I am fairly certain that will remain unchanged.
      Toddler from Hell

Comment

I'm pretty sure private testing installations are alright. Using localhost to test would probably be best.

Comment

When you are able to download the .zip for version 4.x you have to agree to a license agreement, regardless whatever the old one was, to download, you agree to whatever license agreement is there in front of you on that page. Read it, it will mention if you can still run a testvb/ instance or not.

Comment

use the /testvb/ technique, use the same config.php file...
            oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

Could you explain this /testvb/ technique, please?

I'm likely to need to use it soon, and I'm not familiar with it.

Thank you!

Comment

it's not really a technique, you have the right to have a TEST installation, temporary and unreachable by visitors... have to be located in the /testvb/ directory of your official domain.
                oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment

How do you make it unreachable to visitors, do you password the directory with htaccess?

Regards,
                  Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_M View Post
                    How do you make it unreachable to visitors, do you password the directory with htaccess?

Regards,
                    Tom
                    Yes, that's one way.
                    Toddler from Hell

Comment

Thanks for the reply

Regards,
                      Tom

Comment

Working...
                      X