X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baba Wawa
    replied
    Originally posted by Rumia View Post
    To my knowledge so have upgrades been free as long as you got a membership, and that's $60 a year if I remember correctly, plus the $180 you pay when you buy the Owned license the first time of course.

I don't think Jelsoft is putting any hidden fees and such in their products.
    Jelsoft has been giving serious consideration to changing the whole pricing structure. At one point, it seemed clear that renewal fees would no longer be charged, and that the whole means of keeping current would change.

You really should not rely on the idea that what was true in the past will be true in the future. Right now, no one knows what will be true in the future but there is a strong likelihood that it will be different than it has been in the past.

Leave a comment:

• Rumia
    replied
    To my knowledge so have upgrades been free as long as you got a membership, and that's $60 a year if I remember correctly, plus the $180 you pay when you buy the Owned license the first time of course.

I don't think Jelsoft is putting any hidden fees and such in their products.

Leave a comment:

• Baba Wawa
    replied
    Cautionary note:

We know that the upgrade to 4.0 will be free for holders of a valid 3.8.x license but I don't think we know any more than that, do we?

We don't know if there will be a fee to upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1, or 4.1 to 4.2 and etc. etc. We don't know if there will be a fee from 4.x to 5.0, and then from 5.0 to 5.1, and from 5.1. to 5.2, etc.

The OP believes, I think, that all he has to do is pay the $180 and he will have valid, up-to-date vB. code for life. But I don't believe that is true.

Yes, he will probably have 4.0 itself for life. But 4.0 will have lots of problems, and will be out of date relatively soon. And no one knows how much he will have to pay for subsequent updates.

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    Originally posted by coelhoapm View Post
    Hello all,

I own a forum based in phpbb 3.02 and I was interested in migrating it to VB3.8x
    Although I haven't seen any report to phpBB3 compatibility.

Is this possible?

Best regards,
    Coelho
    You just simple use vBulletins ImpEx and make sure you create a working database copy prior to moving / importing over.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_tiers

Leave a comment:

• coelhoapm
    replied
    Hello all,

I own a forum based in phpbb 3.02 and I was interested in migrating it to VB3.8x
    Although I haven't seen any report to phpBB3 compatibility.

Is this possible?

Best regards,
    Coelho

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    Originally posted by Steven Avery View Post
    Is that Swiss or the Caymans ?
    From Cayman Banking Services' a private Swiss bank account.

Leave a comment:

• StevenAvery
    replied
    Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
    Thanks Jose for mentioning it.
    My account No: 1234567890987654321
    Is that Swiss or the Caymans ?

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
    What about our accounts...
    Thanks Jose for mentioning it.
    My account No: 1234567890987654321

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    Originally posted by Resentful View Post
    Awesome guys. I am going to the bank on Tuesday to put enough money in my account.

Thank you for all the help!

Resentful
    Future vBulletin Forum Administrator
    What about our accounts... Just kidding and do wish you a prosperous forum.

Leave a comment:

• Resentful
    replied
    Awesome guys. I am going to the bank on Tuesday to put enough money in my account.

Thank you for all the help!

Resentful
    Future vBulletin Forum Administrator

Leave a comment:

• Exactservers
    replied
    You can send everyone an e-mail with the link to reset there password through the admincp... no worries

Leave a comment:

• hitmancode47
    replied
    So I can resend everyone their password?
    You wont be able to, as the password are encrypted you will need to tell them to reset their passwords

Leave a comment:

• Resentful
    replied
    Members would need go click on link and another will be resent. vBulletin has a different method in creating passwords and it will not match other software forums. It is not a big thing, as you can resend to each member or wait till they login and place a notice so your members will know prior to entering your main forum by using 'Notices'.

http://www.domain-name.com/forum/login.php?do=lostpw

So I can resend everyone their password?

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    Originally posted by Resentful View Post
    Wait, you lose passwords?

Thank you.
    Members would need go click on link and another will be resent. vBulletin has a different method in creating passwords and it will not match other software forums. It is not a big thing, as you can resend to each member or wait till they login and place a notice so your members will know prior to entering your main forum by using 'Notices'.

http://www.domain-name.com/forum/login.php?do=lostpw

Leave a comment:

• Resentful
    replied
    I am still waiting for information about the vBulletin Suite...

SMF... I do think it just passwords and any modifications. eg: Skins and code addons...
    Wait, you lose passwords?

Originally posted by hitmancode47 View Post
    Yes, a upgrade to vB4.0 will be free as long as your renewals is not expired.

Yes, you can import your SMF Board to vBulletin.
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X