About To Purchase ~ A Few Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cautionary note:

We know that the upgrade to 4.0 will be free for holders of a valid 3.8.x license but I don't think we know any more than that, do we?

We don't know if there will be a fee to upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1, or 4.1 to 4.2 and etc. etc. We don't know if there will be a fee from 4.x to 5.0, and then from 5.0 to 5.1, and from 5.1. to 5.2, etc.

The OP believes, I think, that all he has to do is pay the $180 and he will have valid, up-to-date vB. code for life. But I don't believe that is true.

Yes, he will probably have 4.0 itself for life. But 4.0 will have lots of problems, and will be out of date relatively soon. And no one knows how much he will have to pay for subsequent updates.

Comment

To my knowledge so have upgrades been free as long as you got a membership, and that's $60 a year if I remember correctly, plus the $180 you pay when you buy the Owned license the first time of course.

I don't think Jelsoft is putting any hidden fees and such in their products.
      Shashi - Chibi Norway Manager
      Chibi Norge - A Scandinavian anime, manga & Japan community

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Rumia View Post
        To my knowledge so have upgrades been free as long as you got a membership, and that's $60 a year if I remember correctly, plus the $180 you pay when you buy the Owned license the first time of course.

I don't think Jelsoft is putting any hidden fees and such in their products.
        Jelsoft has been giving serious consideration to changing the whole pricing structure. At one point, it seemed clear that renewal fees would no longer be charged, and that the whole means of keeping current would change.

You really should not rely on the idea that what was true in the past will be true in the future. Right now, no one knows what will be true in the future but there is a strong likelihood that it will be different than it has been in the past.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X