Transfering Hosts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfering Hosts

I need to transfer from a different host (one that I am not happy with) and I am planning to sign up here. Am I able to transfer the domain? (It was hard to get the domain so it would be great if I can).

That would depend where you are transferring to.

Under normal circumstances you will have no problem in transferring your domain name and hosting.
    Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

I am using FreeForums.org right now. Would you know if it is possible?

Comment

it looks like they use some forum of phpbb for their forum solution.

here is a post from their knowledgebase.

If you are moving to another host, or your personal server, you can purchase a one time, unlocked (unencrypted) backup, suitable for moving to another site for $30 paid via paypal to [email protected]. This backup includes everything that is in the database, posts, forum settings, members, permissions.
        Once you have the transaction ID from paypal for that payment send it and the name and URL of your forum to [email protected] and they will email you the backup when it is done. This can take 2-3 business days.

This backup cannot be used on the FreeForums network to restore your forum as it has been unencrypted, and currently there is no method to restore individual forums. Once Freeforums implements forum backups for users you will still need to purchase a backup as you will need an unencrypted (unlocked) backup.
        www.Copiertalk.com - Everything Copier , Printer, Fax

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X