X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobe1986
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysop9001 View Post
    any server (if local best) as long as it is not accessible to the public by protecting the access with password, ergo, using .htaccess for example
    Wow, 3 replies at the same time heh

This may seem like an odd idea, but have you ever thought of using edit instead of triple posting?

Now back on topic, I've had my single testvb install all over the place on my domains, but only ever 1 at a time, my fav place so far has been on my test.<domain> sub domain (still in a testvb subdir of that like test.domain/testvb) At the moment though it's on the same domain as my public forum.

Leave a comment:

• Blackbook
    replied
    Just download 'wamp' and use the 'www' folder in its install as your FTP. Away you go. PHPMyAdmin included too for your convenience.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon_R
    replied
    A quick google returned me this - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39482

However it was posted in 2002 so i think you may need to download a later version of PHP, MYSQL and APACHE but the procedure should be the same

Leave a comment:

• Sysop9001
    replied
    There's a guide
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/

Leave a comment:

• Sysop9001
    replied
    Wow, 3 replies at the same time heh

Leave a comment:

• Sysop9001
    replied
    any server (if local best) as long as it is not accessible to the public by protecting the access with password, ergo, using .htaccess for example

Leave a comment:

• matthewhotdude
    replied
    You got a link to the guide?

Leave a comment:

• Brandon_R
    replied
    Yes, you can install it on localhost if you like. There is a guide on it here.

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Originally posted by matthewhotdude View Post
    So can it be on a different server on a different domain name, it will be a home server with no public access
    yep.

Leave a comment:

• matthewhotdude
    replied
    So can it be on a different server on a different domain name, it will be a home server with no public access

Leave a comment:

• matthewhotdude
    replied
    Ahh Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Shamil.
    replied
    Originally posted by matthewhotdude View Post
    just didnt know where else to ask

I have vbulletin on my website. But would it also be allowed to install in on my home server just for personal testing of features and trouble shooting?
    Yes you may, as long as it's not accessible by the public. If so, then you'll need to set it up in accordance with the licensing. Search the forum for further information.

Leave a comment:

• Sysop9001
    replied
    Yes, you are able to install a second vB board for tests, put it in a directory called /testvb and protect it by password to be inaccesible to public.

Leave a comment:

• matthewhotdude
    started a topic Not so much pre - sale

Not so much pre - sale

just didnt know where else to ask

I have vbulletin on my website. But would it also be allowed to install in on my home server just for personal testing of features and trouble shooting?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X