Install on Company Intranet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install on Company Intranet?

I am a big fan of vBulletin for my internet site MyWiseGuys. Now I have a desire to install this nice powerful forum in my intranet (no internet access) and was curious if it is possible and allowed.

Reason I ask is I know you have the need for license validation but if I am unable to connect to the internet will it pose an issue?

My other option is using Joomla and phpBB3 for forum, downloads, FAQ but I can do everything I do with these two products with vBulletin (except the project tracking isn't so good in vBulletin, sorry).

Final question is can vBulletin utilize Windows Active Directory for authentication?

Yes, you can use it on an intranet. Just put intranet as the license address.

No vB doesn't support Windows Active Directory.

Comment

Thanks for the response. With that I can put together my demo and presentation (my sales pitch) to get the company to pay for vBulletin and provide a server.

Comment

Although it doesn't natively support LDAP authentication, there may be modifications over at vbulletin.org to make use of the protocol.
        Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
        VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
        vBulletin Hosting and Services
        Server / Website Consultation

Comment

can vb 3.8 support ldap authentication?
          How to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by traveller View Post
            can vb 3.8 support ldap authentication?
            How to do it?
            By default it doesn't. You might want to look at vBulletin.org to see if there is a modification that supports LDAP authentication.
            Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
            VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
            vBulletin Hosting and Services
            Server / Website Consultation

Comment