Seo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seo

I'm considering converting a board from phpBB3 to vBulletin, but this would cause the link structure to change. Does the upgrader implement some sort of redirect so all the old URLs will change to the new ones so that site rankings will not be affected?

No sorry, that is not something the importer will do. There is an unsupported script that may help with this:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=176964
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

even if you have the best engine possible, each time you switch from a script to another, your site rank will change, it's a waving effect. once you switch your site, your ranking will move for 2 or 3 months, until each search engine update the links to your site...
      oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

Comment