Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing the system

Hi,
    NOt sure if this is a daft question or not... I have looked (lurked?) at the forums for a while now and have looked at the manual and tried the demo. Although have some knowledge of html, css and server configuration, I am unsure whether it will be enough to make any modifications to a standard install.

So.... would it be a good idea to install the vB system to an internal off-line system and make the changes I require (graphics, advert system etc), and then upload to an online server? Or would this constitute two databases? (My network is a home network and is not accesible to anyone else).

Thanks for your time/advice.

SP

You're allowed to have a separate test installation as long as it is password protected AND in a folder named 'testvb'. As long as those conditions are met, you can even have the test installation on a live server if you want.
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Huang View Post
      You're allowed to have a separate test installation as long as it is password protected AND in a folder named 'testvb'. As long as those conditions are met, you can even have the test installation on a live server if you want.
      Thanks for your fast reply!

Regards,

SP

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X