Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarterMarkham
    replied
    When I purchased my license I was told I would be elgible for free upgrades of vBulletin, not limited to any specific version. It is also stated when you buy it that you are entitled to free updates 1 year from purchase.

I'm no expert but I would imagine that if Jelsoft goes against that and tries to charge eligible customers to upgrade from 3.7.x or 3.8.x to 4.x, a class action lawsuit could come about.

Leave a comment:

• Unreal Player
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    An upgrade path will be provided to all existing customers. The details of the upgrade process have not been announced yet and will be announced only when they are finalized.
    In other words: "We are trying to figure out the statistics of how many people will leave vBulletin vs how many people will purchase the upgrade. This is taking us some time."

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    An upgrade path will be provided to all existing customers. The details of the upgrade process have not been announced yet and will be announced only when they are finalized.

Leave a comment:

• Unreal Player
    replied
    This is who is running Jelsoft right now:

Leave a comment:

• Michael2
    replied
    That's how it should work. But the company won't assure it's current customers that they'll at least get what they paid for.

Leave a comment:

• mlx
    replied
    short answer ... nobody knows ... nobody's telling us anything (yet).

Leave a comment:

• redstar112
    started a topic will I be able to update to vb4

will I be able to update to vb4

hi

I am thinking about buying 3.8.3 copy but i was wondaring if i will be able to update it for free as soon as vb4 comes out

or will i be needing a new license for usng it?

asuming that it comes out withen a year from my pourchase

thanks
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X