Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will I be able to update to vb4

hi

I am thinking about buying 3.8.3 copy but i was wondaring if i will be able to update it for free as soon as vb4 comes out

or will i be needing a new license for usng it?

asuming that it comes out withen a year from my pourchase

thanks

short answer ... nobody knows ... nobody's telling us anything (yet).
    Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and vB3Forever.org!

Comment

That's how it should work. But the company won't assure it's current customers that they'll at least get what they paid for.
      HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
      Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
      iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
      VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

Comment

This is who is running Jelsoft right now:

Comment

An upgrade path will be provided to all existing customers. The details of the upgrade process have not been announced yet and will be announced only when they are finalized.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            An upgrade path will be provided to all existing customers. The details of the upgrade process have not been announced yet and will be announced only when they are finalized.
            In other words: "We are trying to figure out the statistics of how many people will leave vBulletin vs how many people will purchase the upgrade. This is taking us some time."

Comment

When I purchased my license I was told I would be elgible for free upgrades of vBulletin, not limited to any specific version. It is also stated when you buy it that you are entitled to free updates 1 year from purchase.

I'm no expert but I would imagine that if Jelsoft goes against that and tries to charge eligible customers to upgrade from 3.7.x or 3.8.x to 4.x, a class action lawsuit could come about.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X