Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test Script Setup

Hello,

We recently purchased hosting from PapaHosts and are looking into buyng vBulletin to provide our body for our community.

I have found and downloaded a vb_test from the support area, but have no real experience in actually adding it to my server. I created a MySQL database thing.

Can anyone actually tell me some intructions, i have tried looking around.. but i havent come to terms with this whole Forum thing yet, im a newbie to it.

Thanks, and i appreciate your help.

There aren't any downloadable trials. You request a demo and they'll provide you the login details. You cannot receive setup help here, only licensed members can.

http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php

Comment

Originally posted by GHOwner View Post
      There aren't any downloadable trials.
      He's asking about the vb_test.php file you CAN download for FREE to test if your server can run vBulletin.

@TheSlink: you will need to upload the file via FTP (your host should provide support for uploading files by any means) to your web server then simply point your browser to the URL of the file.
      http://data.collectiveirc.net/status/user/Jobe.png

Comment

Can someone give me step-by-step instructions as to how i do this?!

this FTP uploading! How can i access it, where do i need to upload it blah blah!

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Also, to add.

Im looking at the prices, what the ACTUAL difference between the Branded and un-branded edition of the forum. Is there some screenshots or a branded/un-branded forum i can look at.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TheSlink View Post
            Can someone give me step-by-step instructions as to how i do this?!

this FTP uploading! How can i access it, where do i need to upload it blah blah!

Thanks in advance!
            Ask a friend yours to:
            Create a database for you.
            Upload the test file to the server.
            Give you the link to execute it.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

That doesnt help..

I need some support from a real vBulletin mod/admin..

If they wish to recieve my custom!

Comment

Originally posted by TheSlink View Post
                That doesnt help..

I need some support from a real vBulletin mod/admin..

If they wish to recieve my custom!
                http://www.vbulletin.com/download.php

Test vBulletin
                If you want to check you can run vBulletin on your server before you purchase a license, download this file. This script tests that your MySQL user has the appropriate permissions required and will involve the creation of one table which will be deleted when the test has been completed.

Unzip the file, so that you have a file named vb_test.php and upload it to your server. Then run the script in your browser; you will be required to enter your MySQL information.

If you require any further assistance please contact our support team using using this form

Comment

With determination, i manged to slowly work it out.

I passed everything exept _magic or something.. It just said in the log switch it off for optimum performance. Easy enough.

Will purchase tommorow.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X