very new into this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very new into this

Hi guys, i am a forum user on different subjects since the beginning of the history. however, i have no idea how the system runs. so, forgive me if i am asking stupid questions.

recently i decided to own a forum myself. i purchased a domain and found a host. i m just waiting for the host to finalize the activation. in the forums i used before, i noticed that vbulletin looks way better and is user friendly than the others. so i want to use vbulletin. i have no mysql or php background. i read the installation steps but i am still not sure if i can manage. i just want to have it ready hassle free and run. does vbulletin provide installation as well? if yes, is there any additional cost?

and the other thing is, i dont want my homepage to be the forum page. i mean i want to have a homepage with some stuff and i want to have a link to the forums from that page. is that a setting or something? how to do that? thanks in advance to all who cares to reply.

you can have the forums anywhere you wish..
    Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

bump!!

Comment

Hey there mate.

Welcome to the forum.

Yeah I see that you want some help.

I suggest that you have a read of this https://www.vbulletin.com/order/ so that you can understand all of the costs so that you can set up the professional installation.

Good luck with it.
        Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
        Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

There is an online manual that'll guide you through most of it, but the installer covers most of it. Just as long as you can make a database and add a user to the database, then you can get vBulletin up and running.

But the sound of it, you don't seem to have much knowledge in the file system arrangement of servers or otherwise website experience. That's just an observation and sure you wouldn't need such to run vBulletin, it would just help as well.

To answer your questions, all of this is a "yes". vBulletin does have a professional installation service that you can add when you go through the ordering process. As for the file arrangement, yes you can, it just goes on another folder, separate from your hosting account's or domain's root.

Comment

It should not be to much in difference in installation from the forum you have had previous and vBulletin other then some actually write database access information wite into a file. vBulletins script you will have to edit the config.php with databae access information.

vBulletin (Owned License)
            The owned vBulletin Forum license allows you to run the software on your site indefinitely. Along with this license, you will receive one year of free updates. Beyond the first year, a nominal fee of $60 (or $40 if purchased within 60 days of the license expiring) is payable to obtain updates for an additional year.

This license includes free support via email and on the community forum. Phone Support is not included in the license price but may be purchased for an additional cost either at the time of initial purchase, or afterwards through the Members' Area.
            Licenses Cost Per
            1 - 2 $180.00
            3 - 5 $166.00
            6 - 10 $153.00
            11 - 24 $140.00
            25 - 49 $128.00
            50+ $119.00
            vBulletin Phone Support
            Purchasing a phone support contract will provide you access to toll-free (US/Canada only) phone support from 9 - 5 PST (GMT -8), Monday to Friday during the length of your contract.

Note: This does not include server support. It is only for vBulletin issues. Also email and forum support is free to all customers.
            1 month $60.00
            6 months $180.00
            12 months $300.00
            Branding Free Option
            This allows you to remove all vBulletin/Jelsoft branding from this vBulletin Forum installation. This refers to the copyright information in the footer only. The logo may be changed without purchasing the Branding Free license.

Note: This is in addition to the cost of the license.
            $170.00
            Professional Installation
            If you select this service, our server technicians will install vBulletin directly onto your server.

Note: Each service ordered covers installation of one license on one server. Installation does not include the installation of PHP or MySQL on your server. Please make sure the server meets the minimum requirements for vBulletin. Installation does not include importation of posts, user information, or styles from other forum software. Once the installation worksheet is filled out correctly, the installation is assigned to one of our Techs and is usually completed within 1-2 business days (not including weekends.)
            $150.00
            You can see all this when you try to go though the ordering process.

As for the custome front page, you can get or learn how to do this by joining vBulletin.org. That is once you have made a successful purhase of the vBulletin product.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X