Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin Suite vs. vBulletin, difference in price?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I don't see any reason to continue this thread.

Leave a comment:

• nexialys
    replied
    Originally posted by Scoutie44 View Post
    Can't even have a civil price related discussion
    that's not the goal here, these guys want to show that IB is wrong, but the joke is that they show themselves are wrong from the start... we usually call these "cry babies"... but hey, we're in a civilized world, i think the "Report Post" button need activation now.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
    Because you've made a lot of posts now advising them.
    A lot of people have asked. What do you expect?

Leave a comment:

• Scoutie44
    replied
    Can't even have a civil price related discussion

Leave a comment:

• Dilly
    replied
    Nick's post history is far less embarrassing than your own...

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Nick, you've been doing it for a month or more now. Do you want me to embarrass you by digging-up every thread and post were you advice members to renew. It will be a very long reply mind you! Because you've made a lot of posts now advising them.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Nick, please try and get your head around the fact you should not be advising any members to do anything with (their money).
    I'm not; Ray is.

Simple as that.

Leave a comment:

• nexialys
    replied
    Bottom line here Nick, spend your own money. But stop advising members here to spend "their money" when you know zippo about the new prices coming, or pretty much of anything else. It isn't you place, nor your job to keep punting to members they should renew. They can make that decision themselves without your advice.
    Hum, actually MRGTB, just do what you preach please, you say to Nick to shut up because he does not know the final of the situation... you don't, either... so why continuing this discussion?... you have assumptions in hands, Nick too... in both sides none have the final answer, and both are suggesting the opposite to the guy who know nothing of your experience, and he does not have to read all your grievances that are not justified in any situation...

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Nick, please try and get your head around the fact you should not be advising any members to do anything with (their money). It's not yours to spend!

You can quote all you want, the botom line is (show me a price list).

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    And as a side note Nick, for quite a while now you've been "punting here" that customers should renew their licences at every opportunity given to you. You even started a new thread on it, and also had some members in another thread highlight what you keep doing! But still you continue with it!!

Keep in mind here Nick, that we are talking about other peoples money here (not yours). And because of that fact, you should not be advising that any members do anything (full stop). How do you think members would feel if they took your advice and renewed, only to find when the prices are released they are way more than they thought they would be. And would not have renewed had they waited instead of listening to you.

Bottom line here Nick, spend your own money. But stop advising members here to spend "their money" when you know zippo about the new prices coming, or pretty much of anything else. It isn't you place, nor your job to keep punting to members they should renew. They can make that decision themselves without your advice.
    I don't understand why it is so hard for you to understand: It's not MY advice, and it isn't MY recommendation. It came straight from Ray's mouth (so to speak). You've seen it a billion times by now, but just in case you forgot, here it is again:

Originally posted by Ray Morgan View Post
    I would recommend keeping licenses current, as there will be special discounts and incentives especially for current license holders.
    Originally posted by MRGTB
    How do you think members would feel if they took your advice and renewed, only to find when the prices are released, they are way more than they thought they would be. And would not have renewed had they waited instead of listening to you.
    It's not my advice, and it isn't me they should be listening to. It's Ray's advice, and it is his word they would be taking.

The only reason I always mention the fact that there will be discounts if you maintain an active license is because every time somebody (who isn't up-to-speed with what is going on around here) comes here asking a question and everybody instantly tries to corrupt them and turn them against IB... this is just adding fuel to the fire.
    There has been very little factual information given out by IB (Ray, specifically) and with that came the discount information, but people don't seem to remember it. They take it for granted yet continue to cry that IB isn't giving up any information.

You can see some more of my thoughts here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...23#post1768323
    Originally posted by Nick
    Additionally, people are complaining that IB isn't divulging any information or making any announcements -- which is true, and these are understandable concerns. But, like in this case, when some information is given, people take it for granted and find reasons to jump on it and turn it into a fighting point. Shouldn't you be appreciative that Ray even shared that bit of information?
    His recommendation has helped many people I'm sure, to make a decision as to whether or not they should renew their licenses that expire soon.
    Originally posted by MRGTB
    Bottom line Nick, spend your own money . But stop advising members here to spend "their money" when you know zippo about the new prices coming.
    Again, I'm simply spreading Ray's word in order to help uninformed customers to make informed decisions and helping them make their way through the corruption put out by you and several others who despise IB no matter what they do.

Leave a comment:

• JakeS
    replied
    Well I don't have to renew (it's currently active till next year)

However, if it was me, I'd want to know details FIRST before doing anything.

This discount... yes it may be a discount..

How do you know it's not a discount of 0.1%? Doesn't drop the price much does it?

Although saying "I'll switch to a competitor product just because of this price up" is rediculous on some peoples behalf.

I was looking at IPB's priceing, and the way it's done and what they offer..

First word that came to mind: Ripoff.

I would not switch to IPB even if I had no choice.

I'm not worried about pricing to much. I'm more worried about what that includes.

Although it's now confirmed I wasted my money when I purchased tools and blog :-)

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    And as a side note Nick, for quite a while now you've been "punting here" that customers should renew their licences at every opportunity given to you. You even started a new thread on it, and also had some members in another thread highlight what you keep doing! But still you continue with it!!

Keep in mind here Nick, that we are talking about other peoples money here (not yours). And because of that fact, you should not be advising that any members do anything (full stop). How do you think members would feel if they took your advice and renewed, only to find when the prices are released they are way more than they thought they would be. And would not have renewed had they waited instead of listening to you.

Last edited by MRGTB; Fri 7th Aug '09, 7:12am.

Leave a comment:

• nexialys
    replied
    President's Choice guys, PC...

even their logo suggest to change our supermarket if the price is better with PC...

same for vB... wait for the price though... rumors never feed anybody.

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick View Post
    But in the end, you end up buying the food anyways, don't you? Everybody needs food... Or do you instantly grow some food crops in your backyard?

Regardless, the point is that we know we are getting a discount if we have an active license. That is enough information to help many customers make the decision to renew their license.
    No, wrong again! If I know the same things are cheaper across the road at another supermarket. Or if they are offering a better deal like "2 for the price of 1". I will get those items from there (no need to grow anything) . I don't believe in throwing money down the drain - when I don't have too. And I would most certainly not shop anywhere that doesn't display prices on items. So I know what I'm paying and getting for my money.

So we are getting a discount. Have you ever walked into a car showroom and they say: "We are offering a £1000 discount on this car". Then when you see the full price of the car, all they have done is added that discount onto the price. Food for thought Nick!

But then we don't know the full price to even work that one out, now do we Nick. And until we do that "discount" means nothing, and could quite easily be factored into the full price you pay. You should think about that before posting your next 100th post asking people to renew.
    Last edited by MRGTB; Fri 7th Aug '09, 6:50am.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    I don't buy food off the shelf Nick in a supermarket, without knowing what I'm paying for it as I pick it up. Otherwise I may go to the checkout paying a dam site more than I thought.
    But in the end, you end up buying the food anyways, don't you? Everybody needs food... Or do you instantly grow some food crops in your backyard?

Regardless, the point is that we know we are getting a discount if we have an active license. That is enough information to help many customers make the decision to renew their license.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X