Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin Suite vs. vBulletin, difference in price?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • vBulletin Suite vs. vBulletin, difference in price?

    The title says it all: will there be a difference in price, and if there is, what kind of amount do I have to think about?
    http://www.nucia.nl/forum/
    The best way to kill malware; is to kill it together.

  • #2
    cmon
    not another thread for this

    they haven't posted any prices yet......

    Comment


    • #3
      Read the announcements forum.
      Aussiefootyforums

      New Site New forum
      Come and talk sports all day long


      Comment


      • #4
        There hasn't been any prices released yet but cmon ofcourse there will be a price different in vBulletin Suite and vBulletin.

        Comment


        • #5
          Wow, relax...
          http://www.nucia.nl/forum/
          The best way to kill malware; is to kill it together.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by schwab2clarkson View Post
            Read the announcements forum.
            Prices aren't in the Announcements forum, so reading it won't do any good in regards to the specific information Eagle Creek is seeking.
            Regards,
            Nick

            Comment


            • #7
              This will only affect new costumers, right?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by karshpt View Post
                This will only affect new costumers, right?
                Everyone will be affected when they make the choice to purchase new and or upgrade.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Eagle Creek View Post
                  The title says it all: will there be a difference in price, and if there is, what kind of amount do I have to think about?
                  There will, of course, be a difference in price. (You really thought otherwise??)

                  No announcement as to price difference has been made yet. One suggested difference was $90, but there is nothing firm about that as yet.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
                    Everyone will be affected when they make the choice to purchase new and or upgrade.
                    Unless IB release a "stand alone" vB4 forum version without the CMS/PT/Blog (which they have said they are doing). If you only own a forum license, as part of your license agreement you should be able to upgrade from vB3 to vB4 free of charge.

                    So it seems this best suits customers who only have an owned forum license, and no extra add-on licences. Meaning they can upgrade for free to the stand alone vB4 forum from vB3. The same way we've been able to upgrade from vB2 to vB3 using the same license agreement. Of course they will not get the CMS/Blog/PT included, but then they never had them in the first place.
                    Last edited by MRGTB; Sun 26th Jul '09, 5:18pm.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
                      Unless IB release a "stand alone" vB4 forum version without the CMS/PT/Blog (which they have said they are doing). If you only own a forum license, as part of your license agreement you should be able to upgrade from vB3 to vB4 free of charge.

                      So it seems this best suits customers who only have an owned forum license, and no extra add-on licences. Meaning they can upgrade for free to the stand alone vB4 forum from vB3. The same way we've been able to upgrade from vB2 to vB3 using the same license agreement. Of course they will not get the CMS/Blog/PT included, but then they never had them in the first place.
                      Well not technically free of charge some people may have to renew their licenses. But, yes it "should" be free of charge for active license users.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        But what about IB customers who have either just bought the Blog or Project Tools?
                        They've paid their cash, understanding it to be a one off payment and are expecting "free" updates if they have an active owned forum license?

                        You can´t make announcements like this and not tell your customers affected by the change where they stand.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by El Burro View Post
                          But what about IB customers who have either just bought the Blog or Project Tools?
                          They've paid their cash, understanding it to be a one off payment and are expecting "free" updates if they have an active owned forum license?

                          You can´t make announcements like this and not tell your customers affected by the change where they stand.
                          Well, you can still use the blog and project tools on your current installations, they're tied to your license after all.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by El Burro View Post
                            But what about IB customers who have either just bought the Blog or Project Tools?
                            They've paid their cash, understanding it to be a one off payment and are expecting "free" updates if they have an active owned forum license?
                            If vBulletin refund my money for redundant addons, that's the best outcome for me.

                            You can´t make announcements like this and not tell your customers affected by the change where they stand.
                            Well you can it's just that very few companies would actually do such as thing.
                            Last edited by sweetfunny; Thu 30th Jul '09, 7:44am. Reason: Yikes spelling
                            You're entire statement is so incomplete that it is false.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              This threat isn't to criticise vBulletin but I just want to know what happens. I've already bought a owned license and the blog and the project tools. I wouldn't be happy if I would have to buy it all over again to get the vB-suite.
                              http://www.nucia.nl/forum/
                              The best way to kill malware; is to kill it together.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X