Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobe1986
    replied
    As already said, using the built in permissions system and the paid subscriptions system should be all you need. Sure you wont be able to stop registrations without donation, but you can STILL stop users do ANYTHING except log in and log out without donating simply by locking down the Registered Users group, then only give privileges to admin/mod groups and the subscription's group.

Leave a comment:

• hitmancode47
    replied
    You would be better off using the default vBulletin Paid Subscription's feature.

As it is officially supported, if anything goes wrong, you will be able to get help quickly and effectively.

If you install Mod's then its not officially supported by vBulletin.

Leave a comment:

• steven s
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackinthebox View Post
    yeah that sorta thing
    It has helped with donations over using vB's paid subscriptions.
    It is lacking in some features though.

Leave a comment:

• Jackinthebox
    replied
    Originally posted by 1996 328ti View Post
    You might be seeing this.
    Cyb - PayPal Donate
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=201284
    yeah that sorta thing

Leave a comment:

• steven s
    replied
    i have seen sites that i swear are vbulletin that have a donation thing thats another reason i'm asking about this
    You might be seeing this.
    Cyb - PayPal Donate
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=201284

Leave a comment:

• IBxAnders
    replied
    is there any where to let members donate money to the owner to help pay the cost for every year?
    a way to enable n disenable it would be nice
    just asking cause my friend wants to switch to vButtetin forum, and we wondering cause if the members can donate it would make it easier to run it
    i have seen sites that i swear are vbulletin that have a donation thing thats another reason i'm asking about this
    The short of the long, YES; vBulletin comes with a comprehensive payment/subscription system that can accept paypal and other payment methods.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/subscriptions

Leave a comment:

• Jackinthebox
    started a topic Register members donation

Register members donation

is there any where to let members donate money to the owner to help pay the cost for every year?
    a way to enable n disenable it would be nice
    just asking cause my friend wants to switch to vButtetin forum, and we wondering cause if the members can donate it would make it easier to run it
    Last edited by Jackinthebox; Wed 22 Jul '09, 3:57pm.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X