Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin 4: we would require a server upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wii
    replied
    Great, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    That meets and exceeds the current known requirements of vBulletin 4.

Leave a comment:

• wii
    replied
    I have the following, is that good enough ?

Server Type Linux
    Web Server Apache v2.2.11 (cgi-fcgi)
    PHP 5.2.9
    MySQL 5.1.30

Leave a comment:

• Sysop9001
    replied
    Yes but when PHP is installed as Apache Module not CGI and vice-versa

Leave a comment:

• goyo
    replied
    Originally posted by Masiello View Post
    Sorry but where talk about FastCGI and PHP, this result strange because for what I know this extension is able to manage C/C++, Java, Perl and Tcl libraries, can you explain please? This is a stick argument.
    Thanks
    PHP is faster (often 4 times or more) / eats less server resources when it's Apache handler is fcgi...
    Do you have some specific question ?

Leave a comment:

• Sysop9001
    replied
    Sorry but where talk about FastCGI and PHP, this result strange because for what I know this extension is able to manage C/C++, Java, Perl and Tcl libraries, can you explain please? This is a stick argument.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    1) There are too many factors missing from the equation. Chances are unless you add a lot more content and traffic increases are magnified, vBulletin 4 will result in the same or less bandwidth being used.

2) Doubtful. PHP RAM usage is transient anyway. That means that it is only used for the period of the script running and than released. If you're site is high traffic, than you should be using FastCGI which enables you to manage memory better.

Leave a comment:

• jscieza
    started a topic vBulletin 4: we would require a server upgrade?

vBulletin 4: we would require a server upgrade?

Hi,

Just two questions:
    1. vBulletin 4 will consume more bandwidth than vBulletin 3.8 series? I mean, if my forum is using 1GB of daily bandwidth when I upgrade to vBulletin 4 this amount will be maintained or I'll use more bandwith than what I actually use?
    2. vBulletin 4 will consume more RAM than vBulletin 3.8 series?

Thank you
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X