Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If VB 4.0 is not a completely re-write...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If VB 4.0 is not a completely re-write...

I just read that 4.0 is not a complete rewrtie? If so, why 4.0 then?

actually, some wonder happened to me when 3.7 is out

Because there are enough changes to warrant a major version change. 4.0 design templates for example are not compatible with 3.x templates. Since there's no backwards compatibility, 4.0 is an appropriate label.

Comment

And vB4 will be a complete rewrite in the end. Saying: They decided to do the rewrite in several steps (4.1, 4.2...). This way there will be vB 4.0 soon, not in like two years.

Comment

Because they want you to pay for it again.
        It's an omen...

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbook View Post
          Because they want you to pay for it again.
          Hehe

Comment

why u people r so freaked out when vb4 comes out ? actually i dont give a **** cause already 3.6 3.7 3.8 have good features (more than any other forum software) and there are many plugins to customize it even further. (again more than any other software)

I have done so much work with my board. (especially templates) that the new non compatible templates thing was enough to make me forget about vb4 for at least 18-24 months AFTER its GOLD release when there will be enough mods and plugins with the same special functionality i got now.

Comment

Here's the facts without the hysteria:

To rewrite vB4 in full in one go would have taken years. Those of us who saw the change from vB2 to vB3 will vouch for this.

vB4 *will* be a complete rewrite, in due course, however the first release will not have rewritten *everything*.

There will, however, be major changes which easily justify the new major version number.

This isn't a rip-off or a con, it's simply good developmental practice. You can take my word for it, since I'd be the first to be screaming if I thought otherwise.
              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X