Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renaming Forusm?

Hi!

Ok, I currently have a few VB forums and licenses.

One forum has been totally dead, it's been over a year.

My questions is, can I rename this forum & domain to something else?

I would have to go into Forum manager and edit all the forums to other subjects etc but what about the license and page names?

What would I need to do with my host to get everything to run under a different domain?

Will this be hard to do, or should I just bury it and start from scratch

Originally posted by Chief Thunder View Post
    Hi!

Ok, I currently have a few VB forums and licenses.

One forum has been totally dead, it's been over a year.

My questions is, can I rename this forum & domain to something else?

I would have to go into Forum manager and edit all the forums to other subjects etc but what about the license and page names?

What would I need to do with my host to get everything to run under a different domain?

Will this be hard to do, or should I just bury it and start from scratch
    Yes offcourse but you will have to adjust the url for that particular licence in the vbulletin membersarea.You cannot "rename" a domain name you will have to purchase a new domain and point your host dns servers to it

Comment

You will need to register a new domain name with a domain registrar, and if your host is halfway reasonable they will let you change domain names within your current agreement.

As far as your vBulletin license goes, just log into the client area and re-assign the domain name attached to your license.
      Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

Thanks,
        After I change my domain name with my host and then here in the members area do I download and upgrade my VB to reflect the newly named lincense and whatever other files that need to be overwritthen?

Thanks again,

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Thunder View Post
          Thanks,
          After I change my domain name with my host and then here in the members area do I download and upgrade my VB to reflect the newly named lincense and whatever other files that need to be overwritthen?

Thanks again,
          No you don't have to re-download vb, all you have to do is change the URL associated with the licence in the members area.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X