Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a time frame for vb4 pricing info?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is there a time frame for vb4 pricing info?

    Hi,

    I'm one of those people that are setting up their first forum and I am very interested in vbulletin but with the big new version coming up it seems silly to buy now only to have to deal with the new version or be confronted with an unknown or unacceptable licensing that could be a showstopper.

    Is there any possible idea of when this licensing/purchasing info will be released or whether I might be entitled to the new version if I bought close enough to the release of v4?

    I'm sure I'm in the minority but you really can't tell new customers to just buy without any explanation of what that might mean in regards to the new version.

    I'm just an individual and probably not your "target market" but I've been burned by various vendors over the years and hold off until some policy is setup. I think Microsoft has made us all a little gun shy.

    It sounds exciting about your new version but if you don't provide information for new customers about buying it before it's release then I think you may be losing some prerelease sale opportunities.

    The only option it gives for a new customer like me is to check out your competition.


    Good luck with v4,



    Paul

  • #2
    Hey Paul.

    Don't worry- you're not the only one wanting answers. There are plenty of existing customers concerned about vb's new version and what it'll mean financially. Check here for an example; http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311778

    All the best, and lets hope they announce something sooner rather than later!

    dave
    It's an omen...

    Comment


    • #3
      There likely won't be an annoucement this month, and it's been stated they hope to have an annoucement sometime in August. But there is no guarantee, it could be September too.

      Comment


      • #4
        It will be approximately 30 seconds before the Download link appears.

        Comment


        • #5
          Unfortunately I think you are going to have to make your decisions based on what info has been available already.
          Plan, Do, Check, Act!

          Comment


          • #6
            Not the best place to ask. No one here knows.

            If you want opinions find webmaster forums and view others opinions. You will only get 1 type of opinion here.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by FreshFroot_ View Post
              Not the best place to ask. No one here knows.

              If you want opinions find webmaster forums and view others opinions. You will only get 1 type of opinion here.
              For once please knock it off.

              If you want to get your project running now, I'd pay for a licence now, even if it's just a leased licence. I would say it would be better to have an active licence now, as there maybe discounts when an official announcement is made.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
                Unfortunately I think you are going to have to make your decisions based on what info has been available already.
                Good advice. You can only base a decision on the present.
                That being said, I'd get a license but would not get involved with mods/hacks/addons or changing your templates too heavily.

                Originally posted by FreshFroot_ View Post
                Not the best place to ask. No one here knows.

                If you want opinions find webmaster forums and view others opinions. You will only get 1 type of opinion here.
                This is really getting old!
                ...steven
                www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm personally waiting for the vb4 details before renewing my licenses for what it's worth.
                  Plan, Do, Check, Act!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
                    I'm personally waiting for the vb4 details before renewing my licenses for what it's worth.
                    I've had my license for 9 years, and I am choosing to do the same. Without any details it seems foolish to renew if my license has the possibility of becoming obsolete.

                    Comment

                    widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X