Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical Support Training

G'Day VBers,

The 'front-end' of a forum is what the world sees. Sections, sub-sections, posts and threads. The CPanel, installing, changing hosts, installing hacks, tweaking this and tweeking that is what can be termed the "Technical side" or the 'back-end' of the forum.

As a Mod, a while back I was given CPanel control while the Admin when on vacation. Some things in CPanel were straight forward, but a hassle or two cropped & the Admin tried to walk me thru the situations but they were too complex for me. Some "hack(?)" issues. And in many cases for him too the technical aspects were daunting.

That forum's long gone and we (wife & I) are intending in starting up a new forum.

My issue is this.....

Where/how can I get some training on Cpanel, Hacks etc. There's people in this forum who talk about VB from a 'knowledge' viewpoint. They must have got training somewhere. Surely the way they speak on VB issues they didn't learn it by trial and error.

Do you have any courses or training videos on 'VB Technical support'?

Most knowledge is from trial and error here - along with use of the search engine!

You'll find a lot of people have their own forums in password protected folders on their server where they can play about without anyone ever seeing what happens.

There are no training notes other than information in the manuals here or from the other sites that are dedicated to vBulletin.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

As Trevster said, most of us have learned by trial and error. Just start doing it and use the resources you have available - the forums, the helpful members, the (limited) documentation, and Google.
      It's really the most effective way to learn - by doing it yourself and making it work.
      Regards,
      Nick

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X