Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I already have a lifetime lisence...but need to renew...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
    Nick,

The real answer to this is simple. IB/Jelsoft needs to step up and commit to what they will and wont do. Until then, they are going ot have a lot of upset customers to deal with.

- John
    That's true and I wholeheartedly agree, but it has nothing to do with this thread.
    Regards,
    Nick

Comment

• It has everything to do with it.

The original poster (and many of us) want to know

If I renew now, will I have to repay when vb4 comes out?
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• I like vB and I needed to start a new forum on my site for developers, so I got a new license yesterday, but if Jelsoft or IB so much as gives a single [email protected] and changes the pricing, I am 100% ready to return all my licenses and/or start a lawsuit. :P And it wouldn't be hard to convince a judge that vB broke the license agreement.

Comment

• Originally posted by maplr4ever View Post
          I like vB and I needed to start a new forum on my site for developers, so I got a new license yesterday, but if Jelsoft or IB so much as gives a single [email protected] and changes the pricing, I am 100% ready to return all my licenses and/or start a lawsuit. :P And it wouldn't be hard to convince a judge that vB broke the license agreement.
          As I have already pointed out in another thread, there is nothing to stop IB/Jelsoft changing the terms of the licence to read "licences purchased after date X will be subject to new terms and conditions".

I'm sure IBs lawyers have already been over the licence agreement with a fine tooth comb.

Comment

• Originally posted by poolking View Post
            I'm sure IBs lawyers have already been over the licence agreement with a fine tooth comb.
            Exactly. People seem to underestimate the fact that IB is not a small start-up company. I'm sure they know very well what they are doing.
            Regards,
            Nick

Comment

• ehh, I dont think so..... even if they did, and they increase the price so that we need to purchase new licenses for vb4, then i would return my 2 licenses.

Comment

then i would return my 2 licenses.
                Good luck with that.
                Regards,
                Nick

Comment

• Why? I could just say I'm an unhappy customer because they lied in their license agreement, and if they say no, I call the credit card company and request a charge back. So either vB can gain every hundred dollar bill for my future purchases, or they could loose every penny. really their choice.

Comment

Why? I could just say I'm an unhappy customer because they lied in their license agreement, and if they say no, I call the credit card company and request a charge back. So either vB can gain every hundred dollar bill for my future purchases, or they could loose every penny. really their choice.
                    Actually you can't charge back a purchase you didn't make. Your license was transferred to you - something that we did at no cost to you by the way.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                      Actually you can't charge back a purchase you didn't make. Your license was transferred to you - something that we did at no cost to you by the way.
                      Ok, but what about me? huh? If I renew and you (not personally obviously) break the agreement....
                      It's an omen...

Comment

• Originally posted by poolking View Post
                        As I have already pointed out in another thread, there is nothing to stop IB/Jelsoft changing the terms of the licence to read "licences purchased after date X will be subject to new terms and conditions".
                        I'm okay with that just so long as they honor those of us with existing licenses under the structure that exists today.

No one is being unreasonable about this. We just want honesty, clarity and communication.
                        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackbook View Post
                          Ok, but what about me? huh? If I renew and you (not personally obviously) break the agreement....
                          I understand your concerns but frankly this is all premature. Even I don't know what the new prices or policies will be. I respectfully ask that keep in mind that publicly threatening chargebacks is both inappropriate and non-constructive.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                            I understand your concerns but frankly this is all premature. Even I don't know what the new prices or policies will be. I respectfully ask that keep in mind that publicly threatening chargebacks is both inappropriate and non-constructive.
                            Of course. It was a joke more than anything.

But, do you understand why its so hard to invest in the company your work for at present?! Do you, personally, agree or have any justification for the situation and the way the company is treating its customers?

So, this is all speculation on leaked images...but...that's no excuse. In fact, it would be even worse had they not be leaked.
                            It's an omen...

Comment

• IB will have read all the concerns posted here recently about "Owned Licenses", and customers expecting them to honour the 12 month agreement that comes with one. If they decide to still go ahead and charge an extra fee to get your hands on vBulletin 4. Which we don't know if they will, or won't yet.

They surely know by now there will be a huge backlash, and maybe even some possible legal action being looked into. IB are dancing on razor blades with this one. But I guess it's there decision at the end of the day.

Comment

• To Jelsoft:
                                The person who transferred my license to me, was actually, my parents, who used to run a forum. OK? They, happen to be willing to charge back if you make the pricing too disreasonable. And then, I have a license that was mine from the very beginning, with email address [email protected]. Because, I happen to host that domain, and can make as many email addresses as I want. OK?

Now you can ask yourself. Is $130 worth more than -$710? Or my future business? Or my good word? Or how about many other peoples' good word to others, and many could be customers get a single "They broke the license agreement" and go on to pick other products. Please pick wisely.

It's also a bad idea to increase prices while other solution developers (which i won't post because I got infracted for it) are giving discounts.

All the best,
                                MyMaple Developments
                                ~maplr4life - Admin

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X