Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I already have a lifetime lisence...but need to renew...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Blackbook View Post
    May I remind you to my OP where I stated I lost my old vb username and have been here since 2003?....

    Look at the member list for 'M4g!k' - (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/member.php?u=31462) thanks
    However the point I'm making is you said that jelsoft never made it clear with the previous price change, or are you referring to the unconfirmed price changes?

    Comment


    • #77
      Er... my lease is about to expire. I most likely won't be renewing it because I have no clue on what the future holds for VB and the new pricing structure

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
        Pretty straight forward thinking, nothing complicated about that. Dam, your not even asking for any pricing details. All you want to know is if you'll have access to vBulletin 4 as long as your 1yr licences are still active.

        So why are they not answering that simple question that doesn't involve any pricing details.
        This! All I want to know is 'Is it worth upgrading now''. Thats a 'yes' or 'no' question. I dont want figures or prices...just a simple 'Will I get my free upgrade? yes or no'.
        It's an omen...

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Blackbook View Post
          This! All I want to know is 'Is it worth upgrading now''. Thats a 'yes' or 'no' question. I dont want figures or prices...just a simple 'Will I get my free upgrade? yes or no'.
          They have already answered this. Ray said to keep all licenses current, as active license holders will receive a discount.
          Regards,
          Nick

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Nick View Post
            They have already answered this. Ray said to keep all licenses current, as active license holders will receive a discount.
            Discount isn't good enough when all is considered. If i upgrade and spend the $60 I want what I'm buying;

            1 year of vbulletin updates.

            Not a 'discount'.
            It's an omen...

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Blackbook View Post
              Discount isn't good enough when all is considered. If i upgrade and spend the $60 I want what I'm buying;

              1 year of vbulletin updates.

              Not a 'discount'.
              All you wanted was a "yes" or a "no", with no statistical information - and that's what they provided. The answer is, "Yes, it is worth upgrading now."

              Is that not exactly what you asked for?
              Regards,
              Nick

              Comment


              • #82
                I guess so, but Nick, c'mon now, you cant tell me that you're convinced at all by all of this?

                I dont think its good financial management to invest in something that doesn't even know its own future. Especially when they arn't even prepared to make public their intended plans....thats not good money sense. They dont even seem too enthuastic about vb4...Its just nowhere near as exciting as vb2 to vb3 was. I shouldn't feel that spending money on a product is a waste of money - and the 'yes' you keep providing over and over simply isn't convincing to me, or tens/hundreds of other customers (many who have read this and wont post).
                It's an omen...

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Blackbook View Post
                  I guess so, but Nick, c'mon now, you cant tell me that you're convinced at all by all of this?

                  I dont think its good financial management to invest in something that doesn't even know its own future. Especially when they arn't even prepared to make public their intended plans....thats not good money sense. They dont even seem too enthuastic about vb4...Its just nowhere near as exciting as vb2 to vb3 was. I shouldn't feel that spending money on a product is a waste of money - and the 'yes' you keep providing over and over simply isn't convincing to me, or tens/hundreds of other customers (many who have read this and wont post).
                  I'm not convinced by any of it. I'm quite disappointed, just like everybody else.

                  But I, unlike many others, have realized that no matter how much complaining, negative feedback, or even simple requests we make/ask, we aren't going to get anywhere. It has been made clear that information will be dispensed at IB's leisure - not the customers' request.
                  So there is no reason to ask, ask, ask, demand, demand, demand, all while whining. Just sit back and wait. There's nothing to talk about until they make an announcement.

                  That's my thinking behind all of this.
                  Regards,
                  Nick

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Blackbook View Post
                    This! All I want to know is 'Is it worth upgrading now''. Thats a 'yes' or 'no' question. I dont want figures or prices...just a simple 'Will I get my free upgrade? yes or no'.
                    It has already been confirmed that active licenses will be favored over inactive ones when it comes to discounts, so to answer your question: Yes, IB feels it is worth upgrading now rather than waiting 'til after the announcement.
                    Toddler from Hell

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Nick View Post
                      I'm not convinced by any of it. I'm quite disappointed, just like everybody else.

                      But I, unlike many others, have realized that no matter how much complaining, negative feedback, or even simple requests we make/ask, we aren't going to get anywhere. It has been made clear that information will be dispensed at IB's leisure - not the customers' request.
                      So there is no reason to ask, ask, ask, demand, demand, demand, all while whining. Just sit back and wait. There's nothing to talk about until they make an announcement.

                      That's my thinking behind all of this.
                      I guess you're right - but, respectfully, I don't agree with the last bit. We shouldn't 'sit back and wait', we should all bugger off to a rival company who can be bothered to see to their customers, and spend our hard earnt cash on them instead.....
                      It's an omen...

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Blackbook View Post
                        I guess you're right - but, respectfully, I don't agree with the last bit. We shouldn't 'sit back and wait', we should all bugger off to a rival company who can be bothered to see to their customers, and spend our hard earnt cash on them instead.....
                        I didn't say it's what we want to do, or what we should be doing. It's what we are being forced to do. There is no alternative for customers who want to stick with vB.

                        Waiting is the only productive thing going on right now.
                        Regards,
                        Nick

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          vB 4

                          I read this whole thread, and I don't give a single sh!t about this. All I know about and care, and all you know and care, is the following:
                          1. If you purchased a OWNED license, and renew it when your supposed to, you should get vb 4 for free, or you can sue vB, as for me, I would move to IPB.
                          2. If you don't renew your owned license, you should pay $60 to renew it, and vB 4's download link should come up.
                          3. If you have a leased license that didn't expire, you should be able to download and use vB 4 as long as it didn't expire.
                          4. If your license expires, vB has the right to charge you extra for vB 4.
                          5. If you don't have a license, you pay as much as a expired leased license holder does.

                          I would guarantee that if vB doesn't follow #1-3, many people are going to sue Jelsoft or IB or whatever company owns vB now, and more are going to switch to IPB, or even PHPbb. ;P

                          ~maplr4life~

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by maplr4ever View Post

                            I would guarantee that if vB doesn't follow #1-3, many people are going to sue Jelsoft or IB or whatever company owns vB now, and more are going to switch to IPB, or even PHPbb. ;P

                            ~maplr4life~
                            +1. I am also waiting for new price structure but it seems they are taking too long time. If my patience runs out I will go with IPB and many will do same.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              I didn't say it's what we want to do, or what we should be doing. It's what we are being forced to do. There is no alternative for customers who want to stick with vB.

                              Waiting is the only productive thing going on right now.
                              The main concern right now Nick, is one that people have always been of the understanding that if you purchase an "Owned License", it entitles you to any future vBulletin version updates at no extra cost for the 12 months your license is active. What's bothering people, is that vB4 might come out and IB will ask people with active Owned Licenses to pay another small fee to get it. Personally, I don't understand why IB can't clear this whole issue up (once and for all).

                              They've said nothing concrete so far, apart from dropping a few hints telling people to renew their policy, which doesn't tell us anything apart from the fact, IB still want you to hand over your money. What people need is some hard facts laid out regarding what the situation will be if you have an active Owned Licence when vB4 is released. Will they have to pay another small fee on top of this, or not?

                              People will only wait so long before they start to lose patience and head off elsewhere Nick, it's already happening. This question needs to be answered ASAP, and it doesn't involve listing any price structure changes as such, just if "Owned License" owners will have to pay an addition fee to get vB4.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by maplr4ever View Post
                                I read this whole thread, and I don't give a single sh!t about this. All I know about and care, and all you know and care, is the following:
                                1. If you purchased a OWNED license, and renew it when your supposed to, you should get vb 4 for free, or you can sue vB, as for me, I would move to IPB.
                                2. If you don't renew your owned license, you should pay $60 to renew it, and vB 4's download link should come up.
                                3. If you have a leased license that didn't expire, you should be able to download and use vB 4 as long as it didn't expire.
                                4. If your license expires, vB has the right to charge you extra for vB 4.
                                5. If you don't have a license, you pay as much as a expired leased license holder does.

                                I would guarantee that if vB doesn't follow #1-3, many people are going to sue Jelsoft or IB or whatever company owns vB now, and more are going to switch to IPB, or even PHPbb. ;P

                                ~maplr4life~
                                Or MyBB which is completely amazing for free software...
                                MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                                TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
                                AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X