Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I already have a lifetime lisence...but need to renew...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by EF91CRX View Post
    Thank you. That is all

    /case_closed. ....this had better be the right move...or I'll be pissed. lol
    It's an omen...

    Comment


    • #17
      I just renewed mine a month ago so I know how you'll feel
      "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
      "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
      "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"

      Comment


      • #18
        As you said you bought a lifetime license for vBulletin.

        A one time fee.

        Why should you pay extra for vB4?

        We should just be able to pay our yearly licence renewal fee for access to the members area to download the latest version of vBulletin.

        Changing the terms of the contract for existing users should not be possible.
        It will mean us paying over and over again for a product which we bought in good faith, expecting the initial fee to give us a 'lifetime' license.

        I hope license holders who bought before IB/Jelsoft change the pricing structure (if they do) will be able to continue to get access the latest version of vBulletin by renewing licenses in the same way we always have.

        Comment


        • #19
          PLEASE don't turn this into ANOTHER one of those license agreement bullsh*t threads
          "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
          "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
          "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by EF91CRX View Post
            PLEASE don't turn this into ANOTHER one of those license agreement bullsh*t threads
            It is a thread about license renewal ... and possible changes to the license agreement are triggering the debate about renewal ... until Jelsoft announce the prices for vB4 this debate, bullsh*t or not, is going to continue.

            We all had an understanding that we 'owned' a license and could get updates to the latest version (no matter what the version number) if we paid a recurring yearly fee.
            This understanding has been turned on its head by the leaked pricing information.

            Trust between us the customers and IB/Jelsoft has been damaged and continues to be damaged.

            On a point of principle we should resist changes to the license agreement for existing customers.

            Comment


            • #21
              And they will release their proposal, as stated, in or around August. There is nothing written yet, that we will even be paying anything extra and if we do, how much it would be.
              "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
              "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
              "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by El Burro View Post
                It is a thread about license renewal ... and possible changes to the license agreement are triggering the debate about renewal ... until Jelsoft announce the prices for vB4 this debate, bullsh*t or not, is going to continue.

                We all had an understanding that we 'owned' a license and could get updates to the latest version (no matter what the version number) if we paid a recurring yearly fee.
                This understanding has been turned on its head by the leaked pricing information.

                Trust between us the customers and IB/Jelsoft has been damaged and continues to be damaged.

                On a point of principle we should resist changes to the license agreement for existing customers.
                I agree with you here. Since nothing has been officially released we don't know for sure but since there is speculation we are lead to believe that there will be a fee for the upgraded.

                *IF* jelsoft charges those of us with active owned licenses a fee to upgrade to vb4, that seems wrong and does not follow the agreement that was active when we purchased the license/renewal. We paid for X months of support and product updates. I don't remember seeing anywhere where it stated that the product updates only lasted through the 3.X releases.

                We will have to wait for the announcement

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by EF91CRX View Post
                  And they will release their proposal, as stated, in or around August. There is nothing written yet, that we will even be paying anything extra and if we do, how much it would be.
                  I don't think they'll release a proposal we can debate, more likely an announcement of changes to prices and the renewal process.

                  I'm afraid there has been something written and has become public.

                  I can't put a link here but if you haven't seen it ... google vbulletin license leak.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by El Burro View Post
                    I don't think they'll release a proposal we can debate, more likely an announcement of changes to prices and the renewal process.

                    I'm afraid there has been something written and has become public.

                    I can't put a link here but if you haven't seen it ... google vbulletin license leak.
                    Aye, I never intended to start 'another flame war' or whatnot - but I feel it a bit of a kick in the arse I'm even in this situation. I should be able to, according to my license, purchase a $60 renewal and get all versions released (vb3.8.3, vb4, vb5 even! (if it came out!)) in that year free of any more charge...

                    To be sitting here wondering wtf to do, just isn't cricket and we should be given more information by the devs EITHER way.
                    It's an omen...

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I posted this in another thread and I'll post it again here. Keep your licenses active and current. Don't wait until 4.0 to renew/purchase.

                      Originally posted by Ray Morgan View Post
                      I would recommend keeping licenses current, as there will be special discounts and incentives especially for current license holders.
                      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...86#post1747686
                      Regards,
                      Nick

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        The real question is, can we sit on it until the pricing is announced, then renew, THEN upgrade?

                        Edit: for the 'special discounts and incentives', I mean.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by derfy View Post
                          The real question is, can we sit on it until the pricing is announced, then renew, THEN upgrade?

                          Edit: for the 'special discounts and incentives', I mean.
                          I doubt it. My impression is that they will be making the transition on policies as soon as the licensing changes are announced. i.e., "Hi guys, the new changes are bla bla bla, effective immediately".
                          Regards,
                          Nick

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            If you have got an owned license renew.

                            If you have got a leased license upgrade to an owned license.

                            I will be taking the second option once I have got the cash on me.
                            Aussiefootyforums

                            New Site New forum
                            Come and talk sports all day long


                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I think I'm going to wait for an announcement....Would be good for a dev to respond please.
                              It's an omen...

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                What would a developer have to say in this? This is a management decision, and not a question developers would have a say in or would comment on.

                                BTW: Lifetime license means you can use the product you have forever - it has nothing to do with the availability of or the access terms for upgrades.

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X