Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I already have a lifetime lisence...but need to renew...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
    Yeah I agree with you, I think what's interesting to note here is that the "main product", the forum suit is going to be IB's main selling point now, and not the forum only like previously. In this respect IB are changing the shape of vBulletin as we knew it.

    But I do think it's a good thing, and for the better.
    That is going to be good for those who are crying out loudly for the CMS.
    For those who want only the forum, it is not going to be that good.
    They will pay their renewals for improving-developing the CMS.
    The forum is going to be neglected.
    (Well,it is not going to be,it is neglected)


    vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

    Comment


    • From what I can gather, they are going to be offering a "stand-alone" version of the vB4 forum software (correct me if I'm wrong)! So people still have the choice to just use the forum only software, if that's what they prefer. And I would image, because they are going to be tying all the add-ons into the suite's core now. The stand-alone vBulletin 4 should be a better choice to use than the vB3 series, because all the hooks for the add-ons will be removed seeing as there will be no use for them anymore. Making it a much "cleaner forum" only solution than vB3.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by hotwheels View Post
        Trust me, i am with you 100%, but most of the members with huge post counts here, are going to taunt you into banning......
        Should that happen I'll be in touch with steve again to get my old 2003 forum account password retrived. I was an active member of the old vbulletintemplates.com, and vb.org. I've got no time for e-***** post-count tardiness.
        It's an omen...

        Comment


        • Wait, so CMS is a separate system? Possibly?

          Then what's the big issue, for all you/I/we know they're just charging extra for the CMS part.

          Either way it's pretty obvious IB doesn't have anything set in stone yet, hence why this thread is still open, lol.

          BTW, has anyone here actually seen a license agreement that doesn't say 'we reserve the right to modify these terms at any time'?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Scoutie44 View Post
            BTW, has anyone here actually seen a license agreement that doesn't say 'we reserve the right to modify these terms at any time'?
            No, so I don't know why some people are getting so upset. The terms of other companies' licenses have been modified before too. They did, however, honor the old terms for people who were already holding a license at the time of change.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by chewbacca View Post
              No, so I don't know why some people are getting so upset. The terms of other companies' licenses have been modified before too. They did, however, honor the old terms for people who were already holding a license at the time of change.
              And theres no word IB are going to that to us....hence to upset and confusion.
              It's an omen...

              Comment


              • I know where you're coming from... I renewed my license even when I wasn't sure I should've or wanted to (to take advantage of the $40 price within 60 days after expiration), but I'm pretty confident that IB will handle this better than most other companies.

                What I do know now, though, is not to spend any money on third-party modifications. No matter how promising they seem, I always get screwed over.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by chewbacca View Post
                  I know where you're coming from... I renewed my license even when I wasn't sure I should've or wanted to (to take advantage of the $40 price within 60 days after expiration), but I'm pretty confident that IB will handle this better than most other companies.

                  What I do know now, though, is not to spend any money on third-party modifications. No matter how promising they seem, I always get screwed over.
                  Agreed. I've spent a lot on 3rd party addons. Then a year later the company vanishes with everyone's money. It's even worse if the script is ioncubed, because not only can you not modify it to work for updates. But, the script stops to function when the company's server goes offline.

                  Anyways. I know Ray pointed me towards a post, where he states the PRICES etc.. will be out in August. So I assume each and everyday could be the day the pricing is posted.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Scoutie44 View Post
                    Wait, so CMS is a separate system? Possibly?

                    Then what's the big issue, for all you/I/we know they're just charging extra for the CMS part.
                    Naturally, the CMS would be considered a third add-on (like the Blog and Project Tools add-ons) but with the new changes, the a-la-carte purchasing of add-ons will be eliminated and there will only be two purchase options: Forum (by itself) or Forum Suite (Forum and all add-ons: Blog, Project Tools, CMS). So it's all-or-nothing in regards to the add-ons.
                    Regards,
                    Nick

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Nick View Post
                      Naturally, the CMS would be considered a third add-on (like the Blog and Project Tools add-ons) but with the new changes, the a-la-carte purchasing of add-ons will be eliminated and there will only be two purchase options: Forum (by itself) or Forum Suite (Forum and all add-ons: Blog, Project Tools, CMS). So it's all-or-nothing in regards to the add-ons.
                      Please don't go off topic. You should know this being a 'senior member' and all....
                      It's an omen...

                      Comment


                      • rofl... a snap on the hands for Nick...
                        oh no, i'm not going with Xenforo... come on, i'm better than that... i stick with Wordpress... rofl

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Blackbook View Post
                          Please don't go off topic. You should know this being a 'senior member' and all....
                          Are you an idiot? Did you not realize that I was answering somebody's question?

                          This thread is shot and is probably not far from being closed, so there isn't a point in continuing to ask the same questions and make the same statements over-and-over.
                          Regards,
                          Nick

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Nick View Post
                            Are you an idiot?
                            Now...come on. No need for that. Just admit you were wrong and move on. No need to cause a fuss. If you have a problem, please make a new thread about it. Lets get this back on track;

                            How the hell can they expect people to ALPHA test or even BETA test their products without telling them how much its going to cost them?! I'm really starting to regret ever being a VB customer.

                            All it would take it one ****ing line from the financial team - something along the lines of;

                            "at the moment, we are planning to issue a small 'upgrade' charge"
                            or
                            "at the moment, we are planning to honor all our contracts with our existing customers"

                            its not ****ing hard it is?! Obviously it is. Seriously....this is horse crap.
                            It's an omen...

                            Comment


                            • Can we get a Mosh Pit here so people can just beat each other up and raise hell without getting threads closed down? I have a feeling that a lot of this testosterone would be burned up if they were just allowed to get it out of their systems.

                              No holds barred mosh pit... call it the Octagon... whatever. Duke it out all you want. Split these threads off to the mosh pit when they start going off in this direction rather than closing them, and eventually the combatants will get it out of their system and we can continue with constructive discussion on the topic at hand.
                              Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Blackbook View Post
                                And theres no word IB are going to that to us....hence to upset and confusion.
                                Why don't you just wait and see what happens without it getting you so worked up all the time?

                                All you and a few others are doing is constantly whinging about all of the problems. Wait and see what IB has to say before making your move.
                                Aussiefootyforums

                                New Site New forum
                                Come and talk sports all day long


                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X