Different Groups of Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Groups of Users

I am looking to start a forum. I want the ability for a user to choose a specific group when they register.

Example:

User: John123
    Group: Ford

User: Jack123
    Group: Chevy

User: Jane123
    Group: Honda

Can vBulletin do this? How many Groups can be made? Also would I be able to search by grouping (Ford, Chevy, Honda) and type of group (Domestic, Import)?

It could be possible if you did the selection as a custom profile field, but you'd then need a plug-in to run after registration to put them in a user group based on their selection. You can get help with that over at vbulletin.org once you have a licence.
    http://data.collectiveirc.net/status/user/Jobe.png

Comment

That is what I was thinking. When a new user creates their profile, they would select which sub-group they belong to (Ford, Chevy, Honda)... which would also determine their main group (Domestic, Import). Then there would have to be a search option which enables the user to choose which groups to search by.

Or, have an option on the Forum page, under "Forum Tools" to choose which group or sub-group (Domestic, Import...or Ford, Chevy, Honda) to show results.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X