Switching forums!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching forums!

Hi all, I know that having two forums, even if on the same site, requires two licenses...

What I'm wondering is, what if I install vbulletin at www.site.com/forum1, and then start another one later at www.site.com/forum2, but DELETE the previous (forum1)?

Is this then 'legal' etc.? I wouldn't need to purchase yet another license correct?

I'm only asking in case I botch things up so bad that I just want to start over... which if Vbulletin is as complicated as phpbb (I intend to add 'hacks' and such), I'm sure I'll do.

---
    Further, IF the above scenario is OK, how about transferring to a different domain?

Example:
    www.site.com/forum1 > deleted > new forum at www.applebeef.com/forum1

Originally posted by applebeef View Post
    Hi all, I know that having two forums, even if on the same site, requires two licenses...

What I'm wondering is, what if I install vbulletin at www.site.com/forum1, and then start another one later at www.site.com/forum2, but DELETE the previous (forum1)?

Is this then 'legal' etc.? I wouldn't need to purchase yet another license correct?

I'm only asking in case I botch things up so bad that I just want to start over... which if Vbulletin is as complicated as phpbb (I intend to add 'hacks' and such), I'm sure I'll do.

---
    Further, IF the above scenario is OK, how about transferring to a different domain?

Example:
    www.site.com/forum1 > deleted > new forum at www.applebeef.com/forum1
    Changing the details of your forum in the "Member Area" would make it all legal.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

What you might consider doing to begin with is running the test forum in a private directory (password protected), then when you see the mods work, moving them to the live forum. In this case, both are legal

Comment

Working...
      X