Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading Leased To Owned ((time frame?))

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick View Post
    Then why would you have said, "otherwise it's full price?"

It makes it sound like I pay the normal owned license fee ($180) as long as I upgrade within the first 60 days, and if not, I pay $180 on top of the leased license price ($100).
    It is full price for the owned license after 60 days. I have been using that exact same terminology for many years and honestly you're the first person that ever complained about the wording of it.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I would complain - but it would get me exactly nowhere LOL
      And yes - I understand providing an incentive for vB customers to purchase owned licenses - but just perhaps... The new 4.0 concept should be: No over charging customers who already own at least one vB license MORE for the leased to owned upgrade -- A bit of a break for tried-and-true vB customers! Now - wouldn't THIS be a novel concept?

Jacquii.

"Question my skill set perhaps, but never question my heart." -- JacquiiCooke.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        I still don't understand.
        And you won't, consider the point dropped. You used an example, I used an example. My example was relative to my experience, yours was to yours

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
        Steve lied saying that if Jacquii were to upgrade within 60 days, she would be paying less than the full price for a new license.
        Really? Steve LIED? Well, let's look at that, ok?
        You can upgrade from a leased to an owned license for an additional $100 if you do so within 60 days of the purchase. After 60 days, it is full price.
        I don't see where he says she'd be paying less than full license price here???
        You owe Steve an apology for that one I'd say. I'm not one to get on the kiss tail end (or not) bandwagon, but calling him a liar, accusing him of lying is harsh.

The cost of purchasing a leased then upgrading to owned (two separate transactions) has always been higher than purchasing the owned license the first time (one transaction.) It's been that way since 2000.
        Thanks for clearing that one up for me, Steve. I wasn't sure when that went into affect. Obviously, yeah, there's got to be some sort of a transaction fee going on there, it just seems to hit multiple license owners harder (or maybe the upgrade from leased to owned price dropped with multiple licenses, I can't recall, honestly). Either way, thanks for clearing that one up

Originally posted by MsJacquiiC View Post
        The new 4.0 concept should be:.......
        Going by publicly available information (which has neither been confirmed nor denied in whole by IB/Jelsoft), this point will be moot in 4, as there will be no leased licenses. Again, some might consider this 'rumor', but the information was made public, and some of it has already been shown true.
        Last edited by hosting-talk; Wed 17th Jun '09, 5:27pm. Reason: second try, first was ugly, sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by hosting-talk View Post
          Going by publicly available information (which has neither been confirmed nor denied in whole by IB/Jelsoft), this point will be moot in 4, as there will be no leased licenses. Again, some might consider this 'rumor', but the information was made public, and some of it has already been shown true.
          Really - I hadn't heard that... Any link to that info?

Jacquii.

"Question my skill set perhaps, but never question my heart." -- JacquiiCooke.com

Comment

If you use google creatively, you can come up with it . I'm sure it's still pretty highly ranked up there. I'm not going to post the link here, though. This is pretty well discussed amongst these forums, however, or at least it was for a while, not sure if those threads remain.

Comment

A leased licence costs $100, however if you upgrade within 60 days you will only pay an additional $100.

After 60 days you will have to pay an additional $180 which is the full price that Steve was referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by hosting-talk View Post

Got a link

So when vb 4 comes out will it still be the same price to upgrade your owned licence as just now ($40.00) or will there be a totally new pricing?
                Last edited by Bounce; Sun 21st Jun '09, 3:01pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Bounce View Post
                  Got a link

So when vb 4 comes out will it still be the same price to upgrade your owned licence as just now ($40.00) or will there be a totally new pricing?
                  It's complicated, and no details have been officially announced. So just sit tight and wait for an announcement.
                  Regards,
                  Nick

Comment

Also don't forget about current customers with leased licenses..whats their upgrade price to vb4..yikes..

Comment

Originally posted by tercede View Post
                      Also don't forget about current customers with leased licenses..whats their upgrade price to vb4..yikes..
                      We really shouldn't be speculating on information that has not been made official.

Comment

Working...
                      X