Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting up PHP and MySQL and create database?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up PHP and MySQL and create database?

Ok so I have a domain name, web hosting site, MySQL set up(don't understand the tables in database part), I understand you need to edit some of the files before uploading to the server, and I get what to upload in either binary or ASCII, but heres the part I don't understand.....

Under my databases I can add tables. Looking up the vbulletin install manual it says I need to...."Before installing vBulletin you need to have PHP and MySQL and have created a database within the MySQL engine to hold vBulletin's data."

I don't understand what I am suppose to do in MySQL. It will let me create new tables within my database, I don't understand what information is suppose to go here. Can someone post me a link for this step or just tell me what to do? Sorry for the newb type question, I tried searching and didn't find anything of value. If there is anything else I need to do before running the installer script let me know!
    Last edited by 99MustangGTman; Sun 7 Jun '09, 3:30pm.

To get vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priority.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X