Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i think i have this down, but someone please verify....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think i have this down, but someone please verify....

step 1 - purchase a domain name

step 2 - purchase a host

step 3 - purchase vbulletin

step 4 - download vbulletin

step 5 - # - ?

i noticed when some of my friends have purchased vbulletin.... when i go to their domain name, it says "website coming soon - redirecting you to our forums" and then it takes me to the vbulletin forum........

for example, this is a real website... www.streetsofrap.com .... but when i click that link, it says that website coming soon etc and then it redirects me to their forum........... so if i purchase a host... i'm lookin' at hostrocket.com but if i purchase a host, i would be able to have a website AND a forum?.... like if i was the owner of that www.streetsofrap.com ......... instead of havin' "website coming soon" page, i could have an actual website on that page and PLUS a link to my forum?

When you purchase a domian name and a hosting package you are free to include any content you like on your site (so long as it is not in breach of your local law or you hosts agreement), when you buy vBulletin you are licenced use of 1 (one) copy of the software on 1 (one) web site.

Having vBulletin on you web site does not affect your ability to host any other content.

Comment

thank you...... so basically.... if i purchase a host, and purchase vbulletin..... i am able to have a website PLUS the forum?

Comment

Yep thats right.

You just can't have two vBulletin forums on the same site, unless you have two licences.

Comment

thank you guys so much i understand now..... about to purchase all the things i need and become apart of this community

Comment

Nice to have you, and welcome to vBulletin!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X