Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New version?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New version?

    I need another copy of vBulletin, but I've been reading about version 4 close to coming out. So, how long will I be waiting? Can I make a purchase now and get it when it comes out? What are my options?

    JD in KC

  • #2
    According to this annoucement
    Originally posted by James
    We are working hard and plan to have vBulletin 4.0 released in beta form in early Q2 of 2009.
    As for the purchase, you can of course make it now and you will have 1 year to use and updates if it was a leased license, and indefinite use but 1 year of updates (unless renewed) with the owned license.

    Comment


    • #3
      people have just been confused since there was rumors flying around and none of those rumors have been put to rest so people are just worried to buy something now and find out they will be charged to upgrade days or weeks later. It is just too uncertain and no direct information has been released which is taking forever to be released.
      Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by hornstar6969 View Post
        people have just been confused since there was rumors flying around and none of those rumors have been put to rest so people are just worried to buy something now and find out they will be charged to upgrade days or weeks later. It is just too uncertain and no direct information has been released which is taking forever to be released.
        Which is why they NEED to address and release pricing structures NOW. So, it won't effect new sales and especially current customers.

        Comment


        • #5
          This really does need clearing up quickly.

          We're all just waiting.

          I need to know what my costs are going to be.

          I run a small board and perhaps vB is no longer affordable as I run at a loss already.

          Comment


          • #6
            Same ^ understandably, they're probably very busy and stressed but the end result is - we need some answers or atleast some words to keep us going from someone of higher authority.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by El Burro View Post
              This really does need clearing up quickly.

              We're all just waiting.

              I need to know what my costs are going to be.

              I run a small board and perhaps vB is no longer affordable as I run at a loss already.
              Everyone is in the same position as what you are.

              Most of us are trying to be patient.

              You probably could renew your license now you know. Just to save you the wait if you are really in a rush. (I wouldn't have a clue on how long you have left before your's expires and you don't need to tell me).

              https://www.vbulletin.com/order/
              That link will show you the current prices.
              Aussiefootyforums

              New Site New forum
              Come and talk sports all day long


              Comment


              • #8
                I'm trying to be patient but with the advances with IPB I'm beginning to look the other way. I've already got a license for IPB so I could transfer over if I wished but really don't want the hassle. IPB is looking good though, very impressed with the profiles and the blogs. It'd be right for our sites, but will VB4 be better?

                I just need to know how much I'm going to have to pay for Vbulletin 4 and whether it's right for my websites. It'd be great if VB did a live alpha like IPB did. It had lots of problems with it but that was understandable and the community helped highlight them.
                Pleased Sheep Films - Independent Filmmakers
                Blackburn Web - an online community for Blackburn in Lancashire (thanks to Mark B for the tips)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Booth View Post
                  I'm trying to be patient but with the advances with IPB I'm beginning to look the other way. I've already got a license for IPB so I could transfer over if I wished but really don't want the hassle. IPB is looking good though, very impressed with the profiles and the blogs. It'd be right for our sites, but will VB4 be better?

                  I just need to know how much I'm going to have to pay for Vbulletin 4 and whether it's right for my websites. It'd be great if VB did a live alpha like IPB did. It had lots of problems with it but that was understandable and the community helped highlight them.
                  Each to their own I guess.

                  I don't actually like the new interface of IPB.
                  But I don't want to derail this thread. If you want to go to IPB it is entirely up to you.
                  You might want to take into account something like vbseo which isn't too bad either. Their interface is great.
                  Aussiefootyforums

                  New Site New forum
                  Come and talk sports all day long


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Vbseo is search engine optimization for VB
                    Pleased Sheep Films - Independent Filmmakers
                    Blackburn Web - an online community for Blackburn in Lancashire (thanks to Mark B for the tips)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I guess I know more than most?

                      These replies are confusing . . . I have already read that V4 will be $195 and the support is shorter? Plus, the leased version is going away. Not sure where I read it . . . But, the beta is supposed to be out now and V4 was supposed to be available for sale sometime in June.

                      I wanted to find out if I buy the current version now, can I move up to V4 when it comes out? If not, I'll wait, but how long will it be . . . hope they tell us soon. PHP - Fusion looks good too and it's free, but it's just not vBulletin.

                      Confused . . . comon' talk to us?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You will be able to upgrade from 3.x to 4.0. The price of the package and upgrade is not set at this time. We should be receiving an announcement soon covering all of these changes.

                        We may see the gold version of 4.0 on July 15th.

                        Currently running XenForo, knee jerk to vB4 release. I'm back home, can't wait for vB5 GOLD release.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by pts123 View Post
                          These replies are confusing . . . I have already read that V4 will be $195 and the support is shorter? Plus, the leased version is going away. Not sure where I read it . . . But, the beta is supposed to be out now and V4 was supposed to be available for sale sometime in June.

                          I wanted to find out if I buy the current version now, can I move up to V4 when it comes out? If not, I'll wait, but how long will it be . . . hope they tell us soon. PHP - Fusion looks good too and it's free, but it's just not vBulletin.

                          Confused . . . comon' talk to us?
                          Hello, sorry for the confusion.

                          There is no confirmation that there will be a price change or that support options/channels are changing, hence assumptions should not be made.

                          A private alpha of vBulletin 4.0 is currently being performed, which may be followed by a private beta.

                          There is no confirmed date for the release of vBulletin 4.0, and nothing has been confirmed from the management.
                          Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                          VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                          vBulletin Hosting and Services
                          Server / Website Consultation

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ct2k7 View Post
                            A private alpha of vBulletin 4.0 is currently being performed
                            On what do you base that statement ?
                            Baby, I was born this way

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I should clarify, invitations for vBulletin 4.0 have been sent out. Source, Floris + vBSEO and I think somewhere Steve said something.
                              Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                              VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                              vBulletin Hosting and Services
                              Server / Website Consultation

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X