Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about SubDomains for forums and blogs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about SubDomains for forums and blogs.

Can vBulletin Forums and Blogs exist on 2 seperate subdomains?

forums.SITENAME.com

blogs.SITENAME.com

If so, does anyone have examples or implementation guidelines?

Thanks.

(sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread)
    47. Software of the kind released by XL generally takes several years to research and develop, as did vBulletin. Based, in part, on the speed in which the XenForo product was released slightly more than a year after Darby and Sullivan left VBSI, VBSI is informed and believes, and on that basis alleges, that Darby and Sullivan retained Jelsoft's and VBSI's proprietary materials obtained during their employment by Jelsoft pertaining to existing and future versions of vBulletin ...

As long as the 2 subdomains point to 1 installation of the vBulletin software.

for instance

Say you install the forums on www.forums.yoursite.com and you install the blogs on that same subdomain (Making it one installation) you can make a new subdomain www.blogs.yoursite.com and re-direct it to the blogs from the forums.yousite.com

Making it 1 installation
    Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

Originally posted by hitmancode47 View Post
      As long as the 2 subdomains point to 1 installation of the vBulletin software.

for instance

Say you install the forums on www.forums.yoursite.com and you install the blogs on that same subdomain (Making it one installation) you can make a new subdomain www.blogs.yoursite.com and re-direct it to the blogs from the forums.yousite.com

Making it 1 installation
      Is it even within the vB-Blog functionality to have it on a separate sub-domain? Naturally, I'd assume not.
      Regards,
      Nick

Comment

You can redirect your blogs.yoursite.com to yoursite.com/forums/blog.php (or even with rewrite mod) and that does not require extra installation
        while(true){
        if(
        $someone->needsHelp() && $i->canHelp()) $post->help();
        if(
        $i->findBug()) $post->bug();
        }

Comment

I don't want to do a redirect. I would like to keep people on blogs. and forums. since that is how the forums are currently setup.

I am going to be converting an existing forum to vBulletin and would like to maintain the URL structure.
          47. Software of the kind released by XL generally takes several years to research and develop, as did vBulletin. Based, in part, on the speed in which the XenForo product was released slightly more than a year after Darby and Sullivan left VBSI, VBSI is informed and believes, and on that basis alleges, that Darby and Sullivan retained Jelsoft's and VBSI's proprietary materials obtained during their employment by Jelsoft pertaining to existing and future versions of vBulletin ...

Comment

You cannot do what you ask in post #1 without either modifications to the code and/or redirects.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X