But not any of their posts.
    Not at the moment, no.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Benefits of vBulletin compared to Ning?

Originally posted by IBxAnders View Post
      Someone else described ning as follows:

Pro: You give up some control of your application.
      Con: You give up some control of your application.
      Hello Anders,

In another thread I wrote this:

Originally posted by Grover View Post
      Well... coincidentally I was talking to a new potential big client the last week and they where enthusiastic about my proposal to build them a SN site in vBulletin. The goal on the long run is to integrate their existing site (including a shopping cart) into the new to be build vBulletin powered website.

However, now one of their own employees has come up with the idea to just create a Ning network for them... and they are now in doubt what to do.

How do I convince them to go for vBulletin instead of Ning? What exactly are the benefits of a NING powered website compared to a vBulletin one?

Any advice is much appreciated,
      I do not know anything about Ning really. Would you care to elaborate on the Pro's and Con's?
      How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

Originally posted by Grover View Post
        Hello Anders,

In another thread I wrote this:

I do not know anything about Ning really. Would you care to elaborate on the Pro's and Con's?
        Well, I can't honestly give you an answer that is not biased - I am a vBulletin fan.

I think each vB forum owner here has a different reason for why they chose vBulletin over free competition. Me personally - it's the "serious" choice when considering running a community site, especially given the flexibility and abundance of free products.
        anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
        Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
        Please be my friend!
        http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
        vBulletin Performance Articles:
        Click here to read

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X