This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any truth to this?

I was thinking about switching from mybb to vbulletin, however if some of what is in this quote is true, then I may not wind up making the switch.

<removed>

there has been no official announcement made regarding this stuff, at the moment it is a group of people talking about their ideas, suggestions just like many site admins do with their staff before implimenting something new to the site.

At this moment vBulletin is the best forum software out there either you use it or you dont and leave your site looking amaturish.

At the time being no one on here can comment on the vb4 stuff as no announcement has been made.

Comment

I hope not...

I seriously hope NONE of this is true... although they must package it somehow but if this becomes the case S-MAN is out

I can take phpBB which is free and make it do nearly anything vB does or darn close. Now a developer or the price "schemer upper" or some of you loyal vB owners/admins IF some of that is true may browse this post and laugh but why pay for getting what a screw does in action eh?

I will transfer not only my forums but over 20+ forums I help run to phpBB or something similar so IF any of this is true and someone handling that aspect of it does see this post you might want to reconsider or pass it along to the "greedy" ones. As I see it your about to lose a lot of members in your valued community and I have spoken w/ others on vb.org that might quit developing mods if some of this is true, that will hurt sales imo if they can't get what they want! I mean there are already how many post a day on here and vb.org saying I will buy if vB can do this or this blah blah SO why tick off the people who help make your community stronger thus helping you make more sales by hitting us low and hoping your tactic works more than the current way of sales/support. Always improve not the other way around, as the saying goes "Work smarter, not harder" and that quote above will make it harder on the people who purchase and use vB more than it will make it easy to line your pockets.

That's my 2 cents
      Last edited by TheLastSuperman; Sat 23 May '09, 9:42am.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
      Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
      Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

Public posting of leaked information is not allowed on our forums. At this time pricing and policies concerning vB4 have not been decided. When they are decided this will be posted publicly.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X