A question about the system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about the system

I have read about bulletin board system, and I'm interested. I have a couple of questions.

I currently run 5 sites under Content Teller CMS. Different sites run under the same user database, and they do have related but different content. I'm currently using the built in forum software, but would like something a little more robust.

I want to keep the shared user database, and some shared forums ie a social fora or lounge, etc, but would like custom content for each plus the ability for the user to get to the other content. Basically I want to have the integrated use that I have with Content Teller. ie a site id for the different sites and unified management of the different domains in one admin panel.

does this software have that, or do I need to find another solution?

Originally posted by SamWise View Post
    does this software have that,
    In case you hack it to do what you want, you would need 5 licenses.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

There isn't a administrative option for it? And the fact it would run off of one database?

Comment

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sam, someone seems to have already done some work in linking up Content Teller with vBulletin - have a look here.

Comment

I guess my next question is their plans for this kind of functionality to be added to the product?

Comment

There are no plans to do this that I'm aware of.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X