Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

InvisionFree to VBulletin Crawler/Converter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feldon23
    replied
    The only forum that vBulletin has a crawler for is EZBoard. And now that EZBoard has forcibly upgraded all forums to Yuku, that leaves 0. By the way, Yuku breaks all former promises by EZBoard staff indicating that admin backups would be possible.

I volunteered to help develop and/or test such a harvesting script, but the whole thing kind of dissolved I think because of fears that folks would use such scripts for 'harvesting' websites that they do not own.

I have always thought the best approach to upgrade from InvisionFree to vBulletin was to pay for the database backup, but I realize they charge more for larger forums and have not seen pricing on a 1.3 million post forum export.

Leave a comment:

• Reeve of Shinra
    replied
    To the best of my knowledge, the import tool requires a copy of the DB. I am not aware of any crawler type options.

Out of curiosity, what were they going to charge for the db dump?

Leave a comment:

• jofnn
    started a topic InvisionFree to VBulletin Crawler/Converter?

InvisionFree to VBulletin Crawler/Converter?

Afternoon,

We have a forum which we were going to move from InvisionFree to SMF. We enquired with InvisionFree as to how we got a copy of the database, and it turned out that there's a HUGE cost involved!

To put it into perspective, our forum has the following stats (at time of writing)

Our members have made a total of 1,353,184 posts
    We have 2,033 registered members
    We then found out (online) about a "crawler/converter" that you run which then goes to the site, and extracts the user/category/forum/post data from the database and makes it into a SQL file ready to be imported into SMF...

However... we've had some "problems" with that! As a frequent user of VB forums, I'm looking to buy a license with you guys and move to that rather than SMF... Are there any crawlers/converters out there which can convert it into VB?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X