licence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• licence

If you have a licence for say www.mydomain.com could you have it installed on say community.mydomain.com and teens.mydomain.com on the same licence due to it being a subdomain from the main domain?

Originally posted by bambie View Post
    If you have a licence for say www.mydomain.com could you have it installed on say community.mydomain.com and teens.mydomain.com on the same licence due to it being a subdomain from the main domain?
    No you can only have one vbforum installed per licence. So if you want it installed on www.mydomain.com, community.mydomain.com and teens.mydomain.com then you need 3 licences.

Comment

If all the domains pointed to a single installation on the main domain, then thats fine. but if you require more than 1 forum setup, then that would require an additional license.

Or unless you wanted to configure it a way so it gives 3 different parts to one forum (But thats a nightmate to do)
      Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

Or unless you wanted to configure it a way so it gives 3 different parts to one forum (But thats a nightmate to do)
        ?

That would be okay as well, would it not?

As long as you only have one live/public installation then you're okay.

forums.mydomain.com can point to main forums
        movies.mydomain.com should be able to point to the "movies" subforum of my forum without needing to buy another license, lol.

Anyways, if I have ONE installation, it is perfectly legal to have forums.mydomain.com and forum.mydomain.com (note non plural "forum") pointing to the same place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Butter View Post
          ?
          forums.mydomain.com can point to main forums
          movies.mydomain.com should be able to point to the "movies" subforum of my forum without needing to buy another license, lol.
          I think you would need another licence to do that.

Anyways, if I have ONE installation, it is perfectly legal to have forums.mydomain.com and forum.mydomain.com (note non plural "forum") pointing to the same place.
          They are two subdirectories,how can you upload your files only once?
          mydomain.com/forum
          mydomain.com/forums

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Most control panels will easily let you make subdomains which point to a specific section of your website (for example, /forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)

Comment

It would be a lot of work to give you step by step instructions on each of those. Maybe take them one at a time?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X