web developer plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• web developer plz

hi i am looking into moving to vb as my platform for my forum i am on smf at the moment with tp bolted on
    www.marine-keepers.com/forums

as i understand things there two diffrent formats in codes?
    i have read that it is possible to transfer files from one to another, but i dont have a clue, i have looked and played with the vb demo and its well lets say alot easer and user friendly than smf could ever be or hope to be

what i am asking is if i purchase vb would someone be willing to do the work for me ?, sorry if that sounds blunt but thats how i am a spaid is a spaid not a garden impliment lol

i have spent two years building the forum and its a good alive forum , my server van handle vb its a vsp server

thanks martin

Please note that it is against the rules to solicit paid services on these forums:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/misc.php?do=showrules

Once you are a customer you can try posting in the 'Requests for Paid Services' forum at vbulletin.org for help with this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

vB provide a professional installation service, I am unsure wether this extends to importing an existing forum though.
      Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
      VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
      vBulletin Hosting and Services
      Server / Website Consultation

Comment

sorry if didnt intend to solicitate for paid services i was just saying things as they are, gues ive seen and had enough of doing the smf tonight
        my oppoligies

sorry i should start again, can someone please advice me on how easy it is to transfer from smf to vb, can this be done by someone without prior vb knowlage

thanks mart

Comment

Originally posted by ct2k7 View Post
          vB provide a professional installation service, I am unsure wether this extends to importing an existing forum though.
          i had a brows through that this evening and i think it seems to cover most issues but not transfers

Comment

Yes, we have an importer for SMF. You can read about it here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_smf

Please note that since SMF passwords are encrypted, they cannot be imported. Your users will need to reset their passwords after the import. You can read more about this here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_passwords
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thats good just being having a read and the program is there to be used implex or something like that,

will have a good read on this tomorrow now when im not as stressed out

thanks

Comment

I don't wish to scare you away, but importing forums is not something that can be easily done if you're inexperienced.

If you've never backed up a database or things like that then you really might consider getting someone who knows how to do it, to do it for you.

I don't know, it's just that if you mess up you could have your whole forum nuked. This is not to say that you shouldn't convert to vBulletin, but that instead you should see if someone can do it for you, or perhaps better yet just do it yourself but practice serveral times on "fake" imports I guess.

Good luck!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X