No announcement yet.

Own or Lease.. pros and cons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your site is deleted by your host because it's running illegally, then I would consider that a problem for the customer. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'd have to say, all that is being said is quite logical, never really thought of it like that. But if for some reason vBulletin isn't working out for you, instead of being $180 in the hole, you can get most of it back by selling the license.

Owned License is a bigger chunk, yes, but it is the wiser choice in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by hosting-talk View Post
        I honestly don't think I'd call that harder to manage for the customer, but harder to manage for you, maybe. In fact, I can picture that easily being harder to manage for IB/Jelsoft, but that's part of the cost of doing business no?
        I'm guessing that this is what he was referring to. Part of the cost of doing business as well, sometimes includes elimination - whether that be in the forum of a company, a branch, a position, or in this case, the leased licenses. Yes some will suffer, and yes they will probably lose some customers... which is also the cost of doing business at times.
        Peggy
        ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X