Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will vB 4.0 support multiple attachments uploads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will vB 4.0 support multiple attachments uploads?

I heard a rumor (I think it was in the forums somewhere here or on vb.org) that 4.0 will support multiple file selecting for attachment uploads.

My one license has run out (for me to download new updates) so I guess I'll have to re-purchase the thing. GRR.

But if the 4.0 will allow users to select 500 files at once instead of having to sit there for an hour selecting each one individually (hence, they DON'T), then it will be worth spending the money again.

See this: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php?b=2356

Watch the demo. Don't know about 500 files at once but I am sure you'll be able to find a happy medium.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      See this: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php?b=2356

Watch the demo. Don't know about 500 files at once but I am sure you'll be able to find a happy medium.
      Looks like a very good GUI, but has many more features than I'm looking for - especially with all the folders / subfolders / "assets" / moving 'assets' to 'attachments' etc... - which will just confuse my users as most of them aren't tech savvy.

Basically something the way imagevenue.com uses that flash script as a backend to it's file selection process. I believe theyr'e using this program:
      http://www.element-it.com/MultiPowUpload.aspx

Which looks -very- easy to integrate into vB if you're a programmer. Unfortunately, I'm not

if vB 4 could work like this, I think it would make SOO many people very happy!

Comment

So... could there be any yes/no confirmation on my original question? I will be needing to renew my vB shortly if multiple attachment selection will be one of the new features. If not I will let it expire and just stick with the current version from here on out.

Comment

The demo shows that you'll be able to select multiple attachments. However, short of using FTP, uploading 500 files at once is impracticable and likely not possible.
          I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Biker View Post
            The demo shows that you'll be able to select multiple attachments. However, short of using FTP, uploading 500 files at once is impracticable and likely not possible.
            Well, not necessarily 500.. but 100 per post x5 posts in a thread would be fine.

However, that demo posted above would be much too comprehensive for my users. The whole assets and folders thing, moving assets into attachments, having assets available elsewhere, etc... would just complicate everything.

WHat I really need is just a simple flash/other front-end that will allow CTRL and SHIFT click selection.

Comment

100 is not practical, so the answer is no. Sorry.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                100 is not practical, so the answer is no. Sorry.
                Could anyone direct me towards a place where I could possibly hire someone to get this add-on:

http://www.element-it.com/MultiPowUpload.aspx

To work with vB? (I'm not sure if the coder would have to understand flash - I'm guessing now since that part is already done) But the coder would have to know how vB does attachments. Basically - how to get the files from the flash add-on INTO the message as attachments.

I'd be willing to pay for this integration.

I think it would just be a matter of clicking on "Manage Attachments" - have vB send the user to the add-on's page where the files would be uploaded, then have vB collect the uploaded files from whatever directory the add-on saves to, and add them to the msg.

Comment

You would need to request this modification in either paid/unpaid forum at vbulletin.org.
                  Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
                  VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
                  vBulletin Hosting and Services
                  Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Originally posted by ct2k7 View Post
                    You would need to request this modification in either paid/unpaid forum at vbulletin.org.
                    THank you - will do so now. I've also emailed the author of the add-on.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X