Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some Questions

Hello, my name is Josh.

If I purchased a life time vbulletin license, and I parked a new domain onto the domain registered, is that allowed?

If I had a life time license, and I stopped using vbulletin on one site, could I remove it from that site and use the license for a different site?

Do I have to pay again for updates? E.G, say I had 3.8.2, would I have to pay to get 3.8.3 when it comes out?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Josh. View Post
    Hello, my name is Josh.

If I purchased a life time vbulletin license, and I parked a new domain onto the domain registered, is that allowed?

If I had a life time license, and I stopped using vbulletin on one site, could I remove it from that site and use the license for a different site?

Do I have to pay again for updates? E.G, say I had 3.8.2, would I have to pay to get 3.8.3 when it comes out?

Thanks.
    #1 Yes
    #2 Yes
    #3 Updates are free for one year from the date of your purchase.
    After that period you may pay 40-60 dollars to have the updates to be downloadable again for one year.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Thanks beishe8.

Comment

Perhaps some of the replies given in this forum should be modified a bit, in light of the recent leaks from Jelsoft?

What has appeared up until now to be a "lifetime" license no longer really looks like one. Not quite, anyway.

Also, if you buy now, you apparently won't be entitled to a free upgrade to vB v.4 when it comes out, even if that is well within the next year.

Please pardon me if I've made an error. These comments simply represent my current understanding.

When I bought my vBulletin license less than two months ago, I certainly understood at that time that I would be entitled to a free upgrade to v.4. Now, that apparently will no longer be the case.

Quite a few people have posted in this forum asking whether to buy 3.8.x now or wait until v.4. IIRC, they were repeatedly assured that there would be no downside to purchasing now, because they would get a free upgrade to v.4 within the next year.

Am I correct in understanding that all of those people have been misled? or have I not understood something (as certainly happens)?

Comment

Baba Wawa, perhaps you should let Jelsoft answer these pre-sale questions and keep your speculation to the appropriate forums...just friendly advice
          RazorThemes ~ Cutting Edge Designs

Comment

SmackLAN, your advice is not phrased in a particularly friendly way. Just sayin.

Still, your reminder that there have been no official announcements is a good one.

Then again, it does appear that lots of people who have come to this forum might well have been getting mis-information and therefore bad advice.

If we have reason to think that someone is not getting accurate information, there is some obligation to speak up.

Comment

It's better to confirm what's currently the case rather than what may be happening - the future can change whereas the current is set...
              Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
              -
              *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
              - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

The point is that what is "currently" the case can change at any moment. And that we have substantial reason to believe that change is in the offing.

Yes, the "current is set" . . . until it isn't.

If people come here and ask questions about the future, I think we have an obligation to point out just how uncertain the future has recently become. Otherwise there is the real possibility that we are misleading them.
                Last edited by Baba Wawa; Thu 14 May '09, 1:55pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Wawa View Post
                  Perhaps some of the replies given in this forum should be modified a bit, in light of the recent leaks from Jelsoft?

What has appeared up until now to be a "lifetime" license no longer really looks like one. Not quite, anyway.

Also, if you buy now, you apparently won't be entitled to a free upgrade to vB v.4 when it comes out, even if that is well within the next year.

Please pardon me if I've made an error. These comments simply represent my current understanding.

When I bought my vBulletin license less than two months ago, I certainly understood at that time that I would be entitled to a free upgrade to v.4. Now, that apparently will no longer be the case.

Quite a few people have posted in this forum asking whether to buy 3.8.x now or wait until v.4. IIRC, they were repeatedly assured that there would be no downside to purchasing now, because they would get a free upgrade to v.4 within the next year.

Am I correct in understanding that all of those people have been misled? or have I not understood something (as certainly happens)?
                  If that is the truth I am not purchasing now, nor will I purchase if I dislike v.4, as I won't get any updates higher than that.

Comment

Josh, none of us is sure right now what is happening, or what is going to happen.

Perhaps someone from the vBulletin support team could comment on what has been said / asked in this thread. That would surely be best.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X